Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avoid EAIS and EBIS in New Cairo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashdown2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Avoid EAIS and EBIS in New Cairo Reply with quote

Very bad experience with EAIS: Egyptian American International School in New Cairo

Completely unprofessional Management team including the Principal of the school Ms. "R"

Interviewed and gave a demonstration lesson to teach 12th Grade Literature. Kids were fine, not rowdy, etc... And once I accepted the offer, and it was too late to decline, they stuck me in the 4th grade with 16 LOUD and very SPOILED Egyptian boys that FOUGHT non-stop in class, screamed in class, and generally made teaching them impossible!

Once I began, it became clear that EAIS was firing another American teacher who 'could not control' the 4th graders. If I had know that they would stick me in this hell of a class, I never would have accepted the job.

Meanwhile, another teacher sat in the staff room for 2 weeks without working at all... This teacher was also hired for the 12th grade Lit. position.

Finally, a 3rd teacher from the USA came in mid-November, and took the famous 12th grade Literature class.

Many lies were told at EAIS by the HOD Head of the English department Ms. R. As well throughout the entire school.

After a few short weeks in this nightmare of a school, I was preparing to leave when they fired me.

At the end of this experience- the school CHEATED ME out of my full pay. They refused to pay me for the entire period which included a national holiday and a day off declared by the national Educational system due to Morsi's trial. They stole at least 600 US dollars from my paycheck. They wanted to give me even less, but I shamed them by saying they were cheating me.

EAIS and EBIS are 2 schools connected to each other in New Cairo. They are owned and operated by ELS, Egyptian Language School. I would suggest staying away from either of these schools.
ZeeshanMukhtar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teachers enjoy highly attractive holiday and leave conditions. In addition to four weeks annual leave, there is no requirement for teachers to attend school during student vacation periods. Additional leave entitlements include leave without pay, parental leave, long service leave (after seven years service), carers leave and study leave, to name a few. Read more about our teachers' leave.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeeshanMukhtar wrote:
Teachers enjoy highly attractive holiday and leave conditions. In addition to four weeks annual leave, there is no requirement for teachers to attend school during student vacation periods. Additional leave entitlements include leave without pay, parental leave, long service leave (after seven years service), carers leave and study leave, to name a few. Read more about our teachers' leave.

What exactly is your point? You seem to go around the board pasting blurbs from employer websites or something... this one is as irrelevant to the topic of the thread as every single one of your other posts that I have looked at...

VS
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeeshanMukhtar is a bot!
Mr. Kalgukshi
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeeshanMukhtar is no more.
Xie Lin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Kalgukshi wrote:
ZeeshanMukhtar is no more.

Bye, bye, ZeeshanMukhtar!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: