Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OSAS - Zambia etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: OSAS - Zambia etc Reply with quote

Overseas Service Aid Scheme run by the UK Ministry of Overseas Development (later ODA). Any survivors out there ? I believe OSAS in Zambia was finally wound up a few years ago. I was there in the 1970s.

Last edited by scot47 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the veterans are starting to fade away now ! I often feel that I do not have long to go ! Samfya and Mkushi in the 1970s !
Axel Heidsman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a brief sojourn at Chipembi Girls Secondary in 1971, I had ten very happy years at Kalabo, Zambezi and Chadiza. I was surprised to find another old Chadiza hand at KFUPM: John McLeod. I was even more surprised to discover that John's sister Kathleen was the nurse I had known in Zambezi. Small world!
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John was a rather tactiturn colleague of mine at KFUPM. I did not know of his Zambian past. I was in Luapula Province and then at Nkumbi International College
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my surprise I discovered that ex-teachers at Samfya Secondary have regular meet-ups - but not in Zambia which all have put behind them in their "career development" !

Last year they had a jolly in Moscow ! This could help to "prove" that the struggle for African Independence was a communist plot engineered by the evil Russians. I still come across this idea from old Africa hands.
Axel Heidsman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: OSAS Zambia Reply with quote

There are still two English teachers at KFUPM who began their 'careers' in Zambia: 'Taffy' Abdullah Mohammad, who taught at Namwala Sec, and myself. Taffy can still do justice to 'Tiyende Pamodzi' when the mood takes him.
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had not realised that Taffy Abdullah was ex-OSAS. I avoided contact with him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: