Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MotherF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Moving Reply with quote

Those of you who are friends off forum already know this but I feel like I ought to let the forum members know that after 16 years I'm leaving my job.
I've been given a year's leave of abscense but don't plan on returning unless for what ever reason the move doesn't work out for me and my family.
I will still be in the state of Oaxaca, but I'm moving to another university in the Oaxaca system.
The motivation for the move is 100% personal and those reasons are very positive. But professionally, I am very sad to be leaving my current location as I've really enjoyed working there, with a great group of students and teachers. 15 years ago when my contract was up and I had to decide if I wanted to go permant or not, I decided I'd stay there until I got bored with it. Well that day has never come.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having been to your town I can see why you are going to miss it! It is a lovely place and the coworkers of yours that I have met were great people to live with. It is hard to leave a place you have lived for so long and loved so well!
Xie Lin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your new job, and best of luck to you and your family. I hope you all enjoy your new location, and that the move goes well.

Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you all the best in the move...

You've talked a lot over the years about your home...are you selling it or leaving it to family?

Last edited by Guy Courchesne on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MotherF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No plans to sell just now. The house is full of stuff I can't truck over the mountians, and quite a bit of stuff I won't need to either (thick sweaters, blankets, a humidifier!) In the family the only ones without their own home I wouldn't want living here. Shocked

We'll come here in our July vacation and try see if we can get it ready to rent. There's a chance the kids or I won't adapt there, and would come back here. And the long term plan would be to come back here to live eventually, maybe as early as 4 or 5 years from now, during or after my husband's sabbatical. This is not my dream house so if the opportunity to sell arises I would consider selling, especially if that met having money to buy build something else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: