Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Average pay in Morocco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BocaNY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Average pay in Morocco Reply with quote

So I have an interview with the British Centre in the north part of Morocco. They didn't mention pay but I would like to know what is the average salary in the north. It is only for a 3 month contract. Any help would be great.
TwinCentre

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may not help, but when I left Morocco in 2005, it was between 10-12k Dirhams for an average language school in Rabat & Casablanca. The British Council paid us 18-20k.

So 9 years of inflation, but considering TEFL salaries have been going down, dunno, add 15%? Surely there are some posters with more recent Morocco experience?
MuscatGary

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was offered 15k last year but turned it down as I didn't think that was enough. If it's only a three month contract then I would be inclined to take a lower salary and treat it as a working holiday especially if they're providing accommodation.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,

The average pay for English Language teachers in Morocco is about US 800/Month. You will be lucky to save any money at all teaching English in Morocco..especially in Casa or Rabat..consider teaching there only as a working holiday. Getting paid is another story! Good luck and enjoy the Marrakesh Express! Shocked
mitsui

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it seemed to me that people who went there were not concerned about money.
If 800 bucks a month is normal pay, then wages have gone down over the last 15 years or so.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they have gone down....Supply and demand = market economics! Surprised
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salaries are on the free fall in Morocco...I understand from some colleagues of mine teaching English in Casablanca that it is very difficult for them to save any money at all....on top of this they are working split shifts including Saturdays (weekends) and don't receive any overtime. They said rent has skyrockedted and there are 2 (sometimes) 3 people sharing a studio apartment. They each are earning about MAD 7,000 a month. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: