Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cambodia - Feasible for me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allgetabong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Cambodia - Feasible for me? Reply with quote

I've read alot of faqs, articles, and threads cncerning Thailand, Indonesia,Cambodia, and Vietnam. Jobs seem to be in high demand, and qualifications relatively low. How's the current situation in Cambodia? I'm 22, white (I've heard it matters),undergrad with no degree, working on finding a cheap TEFL course, and of course no experience. I love Cambodia, and highly interested in working there whether in a rural, or urban setting. Whats the situation over there...could I show up and find a job easily considering I do my part as far as seaching my ass off for school's (newspaper ad's, online ad's, other teachers, and paying the cart or bike driver to take me to every school/institute/program in the area!)As for living expenses, I'm looking to get away from western luxuries, and living a somewhat simple lifestyle...perhaps a 6 pack a night, a pack of smokes, and a few tidbits here and there. An air conditioner in a one room apartment with basic TV would be nice. What do yall think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
khmerhit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised yes yes yes ---just do it
Micro67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Cambodia - Feasible for me? Reply with quote

allgetabong wrote:
I've read alot of faqs, articles, and threads cncerning Thailand, Indonesia,Cambodia, and Vietnam. Jobs seem to be in high demand, and qualifications relatively low. How's the current situation in Cambodia?
I was there a few months ago for the first time in about a year and the work prospects looked a lot better. But I was just there for a holiday and wasn't really looking.
Quote:
I'm 22, white (I've heard it matters),undergrad with no degree, working on finding a cheap TEFL course, and of course no experience.
I've seen some ads for TEFL1 www.tefl1.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: