Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First interview back in Poland this week-interesting!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: First interview back in Poland this week-interesting! Reply with quote

So, I have an interview for an in-company job. We'll see how the market is and I'll let you know.

I've had my CV out for 3 days and may already have 4 privates if I want them.

It's a toss up between going to the sand and banking or staying put, having a life and toiling!

Anyone know any other places in Poz who need a teacher as I have a decision to make?

I'll keep you posted as to how it unfolds re offers and the state of the market here.
sparks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice, hold out. Don't just jump at offers to fill your schedule, take only what is close, pays the best etc. I don't think you need to fret about grabbing up hours too quickly, so don't. It happens to me time and again, I agree to some class only to have a better one come along a month or so later, then either have to rearrange my schedule, duck out of something or turn down the better offer, luckily semesters end and you always get a chance to rework things Smile and don't toil, set what hours you'll work and stick with them, if you work morning to afternoon, don't do evening, if you do evening, don't do mornings. You might lose some cash but you'll keep your chin up.
Master Shake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: First interview back in Poland this week-interesting! Reply with quote

dragonpiwo wrote:
So, I have an interview for an in-company job. We'll see how the market is and I'll let you know.

I've had my CV out for 3 days and may already have 4 privates if I want them.

It's a toss up between going to the sand and banking or staying put, having a life and toiling!

Anyone know any other places in Poz who need a teacher as I have a decision to make?

I'll keep you posted as to how it unfolds re offers and the state of the market here.
After all that boasting about how great your M.E./Poland situation was, and complaining about how pathetic the pay in Poland was, you're finally considering returning to the 'toil' of tefl Poland.

What brought about the change of heart? Can't stand to be away from the missus and son? Got tired of cleaning the sand out of your shirt cuffs?

Sparks is right - hold out for the good stuff. Most semesters I ended up kicking myself when something really good came along and my schedule was already full.
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

We're allowed to take extended leave and I don't fancy going back just yet! The airlines are negotiating the use of other airports and it will take months. Want to keep busy.

8 am privates in the snow fill me with dread but hey ho.
wojbrian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather in Poland never bothered me.

What a bunch of wimps! Razz
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: ha Reply with quote

I'm defo a sun and sea person!
Rusty77

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Dragon!
Based on my experiences, I've found that it is possible to have a second go at the ol' Potato Land and make it a success (the definition of 'success' being highly subjective, of course Very Happy ).
Good news is, since 2007, global warming has ensured that much of Poland now often has warmer winters than central-southern Siberia; bad news, well, er...I don't need to spend the rest of my evening typing this welcome message Very Happy
Seriously, I think you'll find it enjoyable, even if you are stuck in Poznan Cool . Editing and teaching opp's abound in the one central European society left where the majority of people--even educated professionals--still haven't got a grip on the English language. Keep your head up and don't accept anything less than 25 per hour!
Very Happy
scottie1113

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: erm Reply with quote

dragonpiwo wrote:

That's a chilling image. To keep my privates warm I have them come to my flat. By them, I mean my private students. Smile
ecocks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: erm Reply with quote

scottie1113 wrote:
dragonpiwo wrote:

That's a chilling image. To keep my privates warm I have them come to my flat. By them, I mean my private students. Smile

Same for me. My students came to me from 8AM on, didn't travel to them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: we'll see Reply with quote

We'll see how it pans out. I only want 20 hours a week to keep me busy till my return to the sand.

It's a testing the waters thing.

I'll move back permanently some day or head out to the Gulf married status.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: