Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yet another insane rule change regarding mortgage credit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alior are a curious bank, as they're owned by some Italian company who seemingly exist to own shares in European infrastructure companies. I'd steer clear of them too, but then again, they have mopped up with the Alior Sync account.

Polish banks are happy to lend like that for one reason - there's no getting away from the mortgage. The concept of bankruptcy is completely different here, and if you try and run from a mortgage, they can completely ruin you in the process. I suppose in that sense, the risk is far lower for them.

I've got another contact for a mortgage broker for you if you want, he's got experience in arranging mortgages for 1m+ properties, so he might be able to sort you out.
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: cheers Reply with quote

Cheers but we've found a good one and we're getting a little house outside Poz stan deweloperski, hopefully this month.

I sent a couple of CVs out yesterday as I think I've decided to go back to the sand next year. Gonna see what happens. I think an academic year in Poland might be a nice break and I'll take it from there. Our jobs are 'safe' in L if that makes any sense.
krokske

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dragonpiwo- This is a shot in the dark but what if you tried to apply for 2 mortgages with the same bank at the same time? One would be the primary mortgage under one persons name (maybe 50-60% Loan-to-value) and the 2nd, subordinate mortgage under the other (maybe a home equity line if they have them here in Poland, 20-30% LTV.) One would be in PLN and the other in USD/GBP/EUR or whatever.

I don't know Polish mortgage guidelines or standards but I wonder if a bank would allow it.

If you're married, you should both be on title anyway. My speculation that they only allow mortgages in the currency you earn is because there is too much foreign exchange rate risk for the bank and underwriting guidelines so this would eliminate it and make it easier to document and qualify earnings for the loan.

Anyway, I'm not saying this would work but maybe it's a loophole the system of some sort...
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

Thanks but basically all the time I earn Sterling and work for a non-EU company, I'll never get any form of credit. My missus will take it and I'll pay it. However, it means we can borrow less.

On the bright side, we've found a new house we like and which is within range
Infinite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
Capitalism - red in tooth and claw ! Oh for the good old days of Gomulka !

I'd always thought that Gierek was much more charismatic. Almost Reaganesque in his economic endeavors. I love how you can now find ham called "Szynka jak za Gierka" in many shops across Poland.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: