Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crime hassles in Bogota

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leretif9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Crime hassles in Bogota Reply with quote

Can expat ESL people who have lived in Bogota say a few things about any crime hassles they have encountered? Or for that matter, bad news from the local cops as well?
G22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the only thing that may happen is someone may pick your pocket or possibly mug you at knife point. La Candelaria has a lot of this. I've been in Chapinero for 2 years and I've never had any problems.
BakerStreetSaxSolo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worse than the crime is the fear of crime, tbh. Everyone talks about it much more than it actually happens. I can't remember the last time anyone i know was robbed at knifepoint... pick-pocketing is more common but it should be easy to avoid that if you use zipped pockets, for example, or just pay a bit more attention.

La Candelaria has a reputation but I've lived here for 2 years and nothing's happened to me and nothing's happened here to almost anyone I know who lives here. That's not to say it's completely safe, obviously it's not, obviously you have to be careful and alert, especially at night, especially if you're on your own, you do have to take precautions, and there are areas roundabout La Candelaria that are dodgy at night - Calle 19, anywhere down at Caracas, for example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: