Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WIESCO English Language Camp Summer 2015

View previous topic :: View next topic  
esl_prof

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: WIESCO English Language Camp Summer 2015 Reply with quote

FYI, this was just forwarded to me via my local TESOL-affiliate. They have more info on their website, which is listed at the bottom of this message.

To Whom It May Concern,

Hello! My name is Jim Kongshaug, and I am the camp director for an English language immersion camp in Nowa Ruda/Bozkow, Poland. The non-profit volunteer organization, Wisconsin International Educational Scientific Cultural Organization (WIESCO), co-hosts this camp with our Polish hosts Zespol Szkol Agrotechniczynch.

Our camp offers students and adult English language learners the opportunity to learn English from native speakers. We utilize lessons, activities, and discussions to immerse the learners in the language while teaching about our country. Together, we learn about two different cultures while using a common language.

Students who attend the camp range in age from eight to twenty years old. These students have at least one year, if not many years, of English experience. Lessons are taught in the morning on a rotation schedule. Our afternoons are dedicated to various activities and celebrations. The adults who attend camp typically have English experience from their work, previous lessons, or college course work.

The camp in 2015 for students will take place June 29, 2015 to July 17, 2015. The adult camp will coincide with our student camp for two weeks from June 29, 2015 to July 10, 2015. Instructors arrive a few days early to get acclimated to the time difference and to allow time for setting up the camp.

Instructors do not have to be certified teachers, however, they must have a bachelors or equivalent degree or previous teaching/similar experience. Instructors may also be college students who are currently enrolled in an education program with some classroom experience – typically at least one year of the program completed. We are seeking someone who has ESL teaching experience or is familiar with adult ESL instruction for the adult camp.

The host school provides accommodation, meals, laundry facilities, WIFI, and other amenities to ensure a comfortable experience while in Poland. Our hosts can help arrange for transportation to nearby cities if desired. They also provide excursions during the week to local sites and weekend excursions to more distant attractions.

If you or someone you know may be interested in joining our English camp in 2015, please contact me for more information via email or a phone call. If you are unable to attend the camp, but still wish to help, it would be greatly appreciated if you could forward the attached flyer to others who may be interested.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Jim Kongshaug
651-428-6360
[email protected]
www.wiesco.org

--
James Kongshaug

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instructors PAY to go and do this ? Is that not the wrong way round ?
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic business, isn't it? Unfortunately for them, they probably aren't aware of a little-known clause in Polish law that such 'volunteering' is prohibited unless you can prove your non-profit status. I might just have a little chat with their Poznań camp director...
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think we could apply this more widely and get bus drivers to pay the bus company for the right to drive a bus ? I can see lots of potential here !
grahamb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Pay-As-You-Drive Reply with quote

Not so loud; Stagecoach might be listening.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like that Angloville company, which gets natives to work quite a heavy schedule in exchange for accommodation and food. I think all of us know how demanding 6 hours of private classes are, yet people willingly do it for free!
spiral78

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My name is Jim Kongshaug, and I am the camp director for an English language immersion camp in Nowa Ruda/Bozkow, Poland.

Um, this dude implies that he's Polish?? I've been in the region since 1998, and pretty sure Kongshaug is not likely to be a Polish name...

Quote:
immerse the learners in the language while teaching about our country.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't he mean "our country" as in the United States? More to the point - as the camp director, I wonder if he holds the required Polish certification...
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: yeah right Reply with quote

Sounds more like the Mormons or some cult to me like those religious, white shirted lot you used to see quite often with name tags, who taught for nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: