Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Current Job Market?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neuroflow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Current Job Market? Reply with quote

How is the current job market in Taiwan?

I am a fresh grad American male with a BA and no TEFL. I have been planning to come to Taipei around Chinese New Year to look for a teaching job.

Is it worth it to come to Taipei now and look for a job?

The alternative would be to get an online TEFL and apply for jobs in China online or go to Thailand.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very difficult to land a teaching job teaching English in Taiwan these days...my advice would be to go to China. Plenty of teaching jobs to be had for newbies there. Good luck! Smile
theteateacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar at all with the job market in China, I'm sure it's growing much faster than here in Taiwan.
But if your heart is set on Taiwan, I think it's still very easy to find A job, although true, the really good jobs are hard to come by, especially for new arrivals.
Taipei is over-saturated, but there's still tons of cram schools and teachers coming and going all the time, you should be able to get something.
I've heard it's much easier in the more rural parts of Taiwan where's there is much less competition, but the question is do you really want to live there?? Something to think about.

The cool thing for Americans is that we now get a 90 day visa on arrival, so you can come and check it out for yourself and have lots of time to see how you like it. Also know that if you come during CNY all the schools will be closed. But right after that is the start of the new semester, so that's good timing, as many schools will be looking to hire teachers.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: