Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is There Still an EFL Industry in Taiwan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrWright

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know what you mean about the salaries sucking in China. I'm saving over $1500 a month, and my package is average. The saving potential in China is quite significant, as are the job opportunities. SE asia? Where can you save money there? I'm sure there are situations there where that could be possible, but it's the norm in China. Unless you party away your money. It's true about the dense population and pollution though. But I live in Shenzhen, and it doesn't really have either of those issues. This is still my first year here, so maybe I'm off on something, but this is my experience. The Esl opportunities in China are plentiful.
hdeth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when is Taiwan polluted? There are plenty of places that are less crowded...just then you have to travel a long way to get western food usually.

Wages in SE Asia and South America pretty much suck compared to China from what I've seen. There are a couple places in Thailand I might consider moving to, even with low wages, for a year or two, just because of the food.

Ajob in the mountains in Taiwan would be pretty amazing though, which is why I checked this forum. Love the weather in the mountains there and the hot springs....plus a scooter ride to the beach and good sashimi usually. Way more expensive than China though and the beer sucks (Tsingtao beer in Taiwan is nothing like it is in China...tastes just like Taiwan beer in Taiwan).
romanworld

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdeth wrote:
Since when is Taiwan polluted?

I like to walk in the woods and mountains too but one place I'd definitely not want to walk is Taipei. Could be very dangerous for the heart and lungs:

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/health/heart/2015/03/03/430136/Walking-bad.htm

You might wanna check these stories too:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2014/05/13/2003590245

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2015/03/13/2003613410/2
revilo

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: summer school Reply with quote

Now that summer vacation is here, I wanted to find places to teach fo the summer. UK is out because I'm American & they only hire EU people.
Now I hear that Taiwan is probably out b/c Taiwanese only hire for long term and if I teach in summer they want me to stay OR
they only hire people who are already in TW.

What's the story over there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: