Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is BELT the new ELS-BELL? If yes, red flag!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lesliejames

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Is BELT the new ELS-BELL? If yes, red flag! Reply with quote

So is BELT the new ELS-BELL?

I worked for BELL a few years back and it's no surprise reading the various posts here about late/non-payment.

Ludka took ages to pay me. At least I got my money in the end, but it was well after I'd quit.

And Gosha, the director, had a chip on her shoulder second to none! She resented native-speakers and worked to undermine them. An ambitious, competent native-speaker was a threat - especially a woman.

With its Ludkas and Goshas, Bell was a poisonous place to work. So, good riddance if it's gone, and for newbies, beware if BELT is the reincarnation!
scottie1113

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BELT is the new Bell. There were some late payments last year but none this year after the restructuring. I've been working there for 7 1/2 years and I'm very happy with the school. It's never been a poisonous place to work.
Master Shake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Holding your language skills up Reply with quote

scottie1113 wrote:
BELT is the new Bell.
They sure didn't change the name much, maybe so they can more easily easily reuse all their old signs. Kinda funny naming a school after a strip of leather that holds your pants up, but maybe it means something in Polish.

Do you know why they chose the new name, or why they reopened the school under a different name?
scottie1113

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It was a decision made by Bell UK, the mother of all franchises. It applied to all Bell schools not only in Poland but in all of Europe. I don't remember the reason. Bell Poznan was called Bell Prospect, but now it's simply Prospect. Strange but true.

BELT=Business Education&Language Training. Whatever the name, everybody still calls it Bell.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was a bit strange - Program Bell had quite a strong brand locally, and for them to drop it to just "Program" is really odd. I don't know for certain, but it seems like they've dropped the link with Bell on a formal basis, perhaps because of the problems elsewhere.
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: well.... Reply with quote

If it's anything like IH, then the mothership probably didn't like what it saw and the local schools didn't fancy coughing up for the affiliation.

Repackaged the same old riff raff.
scottie1113

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragon, you have absolutely no clue as to what you're talking about. Reread what I wrote. It's not only Poland. It's all of Europe. What part of that didn't you understand?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: