Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bogor Integrated Language Institute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mishmish5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Bogor Integrated Language Institute Reply with quote

Hello! I recently came across the Bogor Integrated Language Institute on the Tefl website, and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it? It says that it's a brand new school, and I'd like to apply for a job, but I've been seeing lots of bad reviews for other schools so I want to be sure first. I know it's new so it's a long shot, but if anyone's got anything, please let me know! Thanks! Smile
bradleycooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard of them but I did find the following blurb on the Web from this new 'institution'.

"Our vision is to be the leading English Institution that equips students with the sufficient English skills to thrive in the global society. To realize our vision, we equip our Institution with the latest teaching aids and technology. We will be the first English Institution with the leading technology facility in Cibinong, Bogor.

We believe in communicative, interactive, and integrated teaching and learning process to make the students successful English learners."

Well, there are numerous grammar mistakes here. They don't know how to use the present perfect tense, for example. "We have equipped" would have been nice, wouldn't it? And, "We will be the first English Institution with the leading technology facility," is beyond awkward too. They also don't know that processes should be plural.

Some will describe this as nitpicking, but we aren't just talking about forum chatter here. This is the language which these people are using to present themselves to prospective employees. How can they be a leading English school when they haven't mastered Intermediate grammar? All things considered, this is a very sloppy effort. And, yes, schools that don't take care with the small details are often not doing the big stuff right either. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, they mightn't have hired academic staff yet, but it's a bad start.

Frankly, a lot of schools in Indonesia are better at mouthing a few choice buzzwords- 'global society', 'latest technology' and 'communicative teaching'- than really delivering quality education. You'll often find, however, that these buzzwords belie a school with snail-paced Internet and a curriculum more based on fill-the-gaps grammar tests than a truly communicative approach. That doesn't mean you shouldn't apply, but I would ask a lot of questions in the interview. A true interview should be a two-way process in which you are finding out about them as well.

On a side note, this company don't advertise on Dave's, so you shouldn't be surprised if this thread gets removed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: