Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Language Link - chain of command - head office

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradwelljackson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Language Link - chain of command - head office Reply with quote

Hello All,

Can you tell me your experience on how Language Link in Russia is structured? Do the schools communicate with each other on a pyramid basis? For example, if their is a grievance, does it go up the chain of command to a head office if there is an appeal?

Cheers to all of you,

Brad
teacher X

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would your grievance be about your misuse of 'their'?
Wink I'm sorry, how could I resist?

What seems to be the problem? Do you work for LL (in which case, I wonder why you don't already know the answer)?
If you don't work for LL, I am curious as to why you would want to know such a thing.
GotoRussia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe LL is a franchise based school like several of the big name ones.

I think each school operates on their own. heard some bad stories of some branches, especially in the suburbs.

best advice is to stay away but it could be too late.

what's the problem, money or scheduling issues?
bradwelljackson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you gentlemen for taking the time to answer. Yes, Teacher X, as an English teacher myself, I should not be making such errors. Maybe someone should lodge a grievance against me ; )
So then, I didn't say that I have a grievance; that was offerred as an example. What I am more curious about is how the company is structured. Yes, I do work for them, and yes, I am not able to get the answers to such questions through normal means. I'm still getting used to the Russian way of doing things, which is not what I consider to be "linear-active", at least from the context of my own culture (I'm a bloody Yank). I could very well look up the Language Link site; however, it is probably true, interestingly, that I can get the answer quicker by bypassing the normal procedures and getting the answer informally. Really, there's no conspiracy here, it's just convenient for me to try this route before I send an email through the Languag Link site. I get the feeling that, if I do that, I'll get a more bureaucratic answer. I respond much better to "human touch" answers.
I wish to repeat that I don't have any problems with my company at this time for which I wish to file a grievance. They have, in fact, been good to me. It's simply good to know these things ahead of time. I am used to the chains in China (Aston, for example) that will give you an employee handbook right away so that the new employee is apprised of the procedures.
So, since I've taken all the trouble to explain, in detail, a rather pedestrian situation, methinks perhaps the others on this site should rest assured that there's no dastardly complots waiting in the wings, and that maybe my question could be answered.
Teacher X, could you please let me know if I made any spelling errors. I can't find the spell check... Rolling Eyes
teacher X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God, no. I would never correct your spelling, especially when I have the spelling ability of a blind Spanish hedgehog trapped in a bag.

I've PM'd you.
bradwelljackson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank all of you for your responses, personal messages and otherwise. In regards to these responses, I think it's fair for me to report how attentive my particular Language Link branch has been to this foreign teacher. This isn't so easy to do in these difficult economic times. The payroll department, in particular, has been most kind and accommodating. Every school should have an accounting department like this one Smile
WWTeacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Language Link Ano "InYaz" Reply with quote

The owner of LL Ano "inYaz" is not a forthright, dishonest and cheating individual. He decided to not pay me, and at least one other teacher which I know of, the stated amount on the contract. This was for the flight to Moscow. He made up a story stated that the amount was in Rubles and the price was at the rate when we bought the ticket. We all paid for the flight in our currency. So with the plummeting Ruble we all got over 40% less purchased. The contract stated nothing about the rate of the day. It was clear and stated exactly what he was suppose to pay. He changed it for his own gain. He did not pay the flight out of Moscow, at all. Stating that the contract meant for travel out of Moscow, domestic travel only, not out of Russia. Nothing in the contract stated this.
I would not recommend anyone working for this school.
I have been ESL teaching for 12 years (over 8 countries) and this has been my worse experience.
bradwelljackson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish to report that I did eventually submit my same original query to LL headquarters and that I was provided with a personal and attentive response. I appreciate it very much and, once again, this particular teacher's experience with LL has been a positive one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: