Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1. I'M 64 2. MUCH ESL EXPERIENCE & DEGREE 3. JOBS IN CAM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cubism

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: 1. I'M 64 2. MUCH ESL EXPERIENCE & DEGREE 3. JOBS IN CAM Reply with quote

Many thanks for the Khmer 440 links. I even applied to the job on the board here as kind of a test for my age. It's easy to get hired in China; hope Cambodia will be OK.

To repeat: 1. I'M 64

2. 10 yrs. esl EXPERIENCE & DEGREE

3. Do you think Cambodia will hire me? Advice?

Thanks again.
kellrobinson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope somebody comes along with good info. I am 59 years old, looking to get into teaching English, and naturally concerned that my age will count against me.
Thailand requires foreign teachers to be less than 60 years old. Does Cambodia have a legal age limit?
PattyFlipper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No legal age limit, as yet, for obtaining the Ordinary Visa, and I know several people in their sixties and seventies who taught for Cambodian 'universities'. Things are however currently in a state of flux, with the requirement for a work permit now being actively enforced, and documentary evidence of employment or business activity sometimes being asked for before an Ordinary Visa will be issued on entry into the country.

Changes are afoot, but nobody seems to have a very clear idea of what the new regulations are - including the various government departments tasked with their oversight.
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellrobinson wrote:
I hope somebody comes along with good info. I am 59 years old, looking to get into teaching English, and naturally concerned that my age will count against me.
Thailand requires foreign teachers to be less than 60 years old. Does Cambodia have a legal age limit?

Legal age limit? I would be worried if you can:

A- Find a job

B- Get paid

C- Get paid enough to live on

If you have not taught before, you are looking at bleak prospects in SE Asia and basically, most of the world. Your age WILL count against you.

Try China. The Land of Smog will have jobs aplenty for you.

Oh wait, just saw you have been posting since 2012 and "thinking" about teaching EFL-Good to know. You could have spent the last three years teaching in Thailand Idea
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To The OP

Are you still searching for a job in Cambodia? Recently I have met several 65 + years old EFL teachers from the west there....age is no problem! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: