Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IELTS in Paris

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shanewarne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: IELTS in Paris Reply with quote

G'day!

I've been teaching IELTS mostly for the past 7 years in Asia, and was wondering if there is a big demand for it in Paris? And if so, is it possible to teach private? or are there centres who only want experienced IELTS teachers?

Thanks Smile
spiral78

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your greeting, wondering if you have the requisite UK/EU citizenship to teach legally in France (there are some sideways ways to get in, but they're not straightforward and would complicate things for you).
shanewarne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, its ok. I'm British Smile
spiral78

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One hurdle cleared:-)
There are a few France regulars around, though they're not prolific - someone should chime in soon on how much in demand IELTS is these days. It's been a while since I was directly in touch with the France scene, but back then there were occasional openings, but usually filled by people with local contacts and rep, so you're unlikely to see advertisements from abroad. But this may have changed.
Nicky_McG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been teaching in the private university system in France since 2010 and, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, IELTS is not commonly undertaken.
There might be some demand from university students who are going on to study at British universities but it's fairly rare.

If you want to teach exam classes then TOEIC is by far the most popular (TOEFL too though I'd run a mile from teaching that). FCE is also fairly common at some higher education schools.

The good news is that you've been teaching for seven years so shouldn't have any trouble finding work. The most important thing is your experience .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: