Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Raffles Design Institute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Singapore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wailing_imam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Raffles Design Institute Reply with quote

What's the verdict on these people? There are numerous warnings all over the place.
Krakatoa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Raffles Reply with quote

Warnings = smoke . . which in turn = F - I - R - E.

Caveat Emptor.
stefff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: what you know baout them? Reply with quote

sorry to bother you..
hy, I am an italian vehicle designer (qualify).. i received a teacher position in shanghai at the "raffless design college" shanghai. they ask me if i can go there with a tourist visa as it is simple for them to convert it in z working visa later on. are 2 week i try to obtain an invitation letter to obtain a working visa what i obtain is an invitation to "visit" their institute..
I do have to trust them?
do You know directly or indirectly the college?
do they honor the contract?
they ask me to bring with me 2 ref letters and original paper of my degree.. it seams to me a good packaging what they offer but i found on Internet many bad story.. i looking for some advices as soon as possible.
thanks for any advice about china better if about the college.
regards and ciao
stef
clearcoated

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: what you know baout them? Reply with quote

stefff wrote:
sorry to bother you..
hy, I am an italian vehicle designer (qualify).. i received a teacher position in shanghai at the "raffless design college" shanghai. they ask me if i can go there with a tourist visa as it is simple for them to convert it in z working visa later on. are 2 week i try to obtain an invitation letter to obtain a working visa what i obtain is an invitation to "visit" their institute..
I do have to trust them?
do You know directly or indirectly the college?
do they honor the contract?
they ask me to bring with me 2 ref letters and original paper of my degree.. it seams to me a good packaging what they offer but i found on Internet many bad story.. i looking for some advices as soon as possible.
thanks for any advice about china better if about the college.
regards and ciao
stef

Stef, a friend suggested I check into Raffles Design. It looks like a professional design school. I'm impressed with caliber of the faculty. It looks like a real legitimate program so I'm confused by some bad reviews here.

Apparently there's more than one school with Raffles in its name. What's your thoughts about Raffles Design Institute?
austeacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Raffles Reply with quote

Steff,

If they do not offer you a tourist visa to inspect the school try and speak to all expatriate teaching staff; both current and past teaching staff should be able to give you thorough knowledge of the school's mechanisms. Ask for their phone numbers, not e-mails. You can not rely on e-mails. Anyone can invent numerous aliases on the internet and then invent duplicitous misinformation.

Good luck

CJ
bradley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two friends teaching there in China and are very happy............
Professional Bohemian

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend has been offered a job either in India or Shanghai with Raffles Education as a lecturer. I'm a little leary about letting her go to such a far off place on her own. Can you tell me more about Raffles and if they are a reputable company to work for?

Thanks!
sibylline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
I would like to follow this thread up if possible: Stefff did you end up taking the Raffles position?
and bradley: are your friends still teaching with Raffles?
I am considering Raffles also, but cannot find much information.

Would be very interested to hear the outcomes and verdicts.
thanks
Smile

p.s. sorry, I should add, I am considering China, not Singapore, but any feedback is welcome.
Krakatoa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Raffles Reply with quote

Warnings = smoke which in turn signifies fire which in turn tells us that someone has been burnt.

Caveat Emptor.

Krakatoa.
tbear2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Raffles Reply with quote

and judging from the huge increase in negative reviews over the years, it's a raging forest fire. Try glassdoor, for example.
tbear2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Raffles Reply with quote

Caveat Emptor, as Karakatoa said!

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/director-raffles-education-corp-holds-fake-degrees

Raffles adim/hr then claimed the college director was fired -- after he had worked for over 3 years in Raffles Education Corp -- but online evidence suggests he merely transferred to a sister company, Raffles Millennium.

I'm surprised that Raffles Institute (the original) doesn't try to stop Raffles Education from dragging their name through the mud.

Update: Good insights at https://joanakompa.com/2017/06/11/5522/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Singapore All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: