Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How's the job market where you are?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Shake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Starting a business in Poland Reply with quote

Look at the "Starting a business in Poland" sticky for more info. Sure, non-EU citizens can do it, but they have to jump through more hoops.

ZUS payments are reduced by about half the first two years the business is open. I was paying 4-500zl/mo. on this "preferred rate" ZUS. T

After 2 years payments shoot up to around 1,000zl/mo.. I have a hard time believing it's gone up to 1,500 in the year I've been away...
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

Don't forget to add the tax too.
sparks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to put an end to the guessing...

ZUS for July 2015:

ubezp. społeczne - 696,47
ubezp. zdrowotne - 279,41
Fund.Pracy - 58,20

Poland, it isn't great, it isn't that bad. I don't know why everyone tries to paint it a certain way. It's a place on Earth.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: erm Reply with quote

dragonpiwo wrote:
Don't forget to add the tax too.

Poor show.

That amount listed by sparks is a business expense. Combined with all the other deductions and so on, you shouldn't even think about paying tax until you reach the 4000zl/month level. It's way too complicated to describe here, but you'd have to be doing something seriously wrong if you were paying income tax on gross earnings less than 4000zl/month.

Anyway, the worst thing about living in Poland is getting involved with conferences. I signed up for a conference months ago, sent an abstract and completely forgot about it. Now I have to write a paper in 3 weeks. No chance Sad
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

If you earn 4,000, you still lose 1,000. 3,000 is nowt.
If it's IATEFL, that is a real waste of time.
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IATEFL, like TESOL is a moneyspinner for the gurus like Crystal and their hangers on. For others, a total waste of money, time and energy.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: erm Reply with quote

dragonpiwo wrote:
If you earn 4,000, you still lose 1,000. 3,000 is nowt.
If it's IATEFL, that is a real waste of time.

No, nothing to do with IATEFL, but a smaller and far more interesting one that attracts some decent speakers.

I'm not a member of IATEFL in Poland and won't be until they make it clear that they stand against discrimination of non-native speakers in teaching.
Infinite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="dynow"]
scot47 wrote:
Someone living to your right, to your left, above you, below you, no garage, not a tree or blade of grass or lump of dirt to your name...lucky if the place has an elevator....and wanting something else is what.....sticking your nose up in the air now?

People live in blocs due to necessity, not preference. Surely the Pole that "makes it" and buys a small house with a yard is not "prejudice".

Every been or lived in Manhattan? I had, plenty of people sticking their noses way up in the air just because they've got a 10002 area code, which use to mean that you're living in a derelict crack house turned hipster and trust fund baby heaven. Detroit? LA? Anywhere downtown for that matter?
Your comparisons make zero sense. Unless you're planning on moving out to PA and live on a piece of land miles away from civilization your reality is not going to fall far away from what you've got here, but you won't be making anywhere near twice or three times the national average while working 20hrs per week.
Look at the metro area, JC, Newark or Elizabeth... people living on top of each other in crime ridden areas with gangs, shootings and prostitutes... I don't know with you Dynow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: