Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

21st Of September 1999

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: 21st Of September 1999 Reply with quote

would like to ask who was there in Taiwan on the 21/9/1999.

I went through the big earthquake. did anyone else go through this earthquake?
Seymour Glass

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was here too, but slept through it, got up next morning riding my motorcycle through Hsinchuang and wondered why the streets seemed empty, thought there was a holiday I forgot about, after going back home, heard about the earthquake on the news...
mandu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On September 21st 1999 Taiwan had a big earthquake.I was staying Yunlin.

Around 2am in the morning it happened,I was just getting off to sleep,then the building started shaking.It felt like a train was going through the apartment.We were in a 2 story apartment someone ran down the stairs waking everyone up telling us to get outside.

I got up out of bed trying to put on my Doc Martin boots,while being shaken from side to side.when we got outside everything went very quiet.a few minutes later we had a massive aftershock.A dump truck that was near us all 4 wheels were bouncing off the ground.we got different types of after shocks.sometimes the earth felt like it was dropping,then it felt like a wave,or it just shook.

we were not allowed to go back to the apartment we had sleep on the road for a week.there was no water,no internet service.I never slept for 3 weeks as a result of the earthquake.

I was on the bus on my way to a teaching job and we had a another big after shock and the bus nearly tipped over.

around 2700 people lost there lives,7.6 or 7.8 earthquake.

The apartment we were staying in had big cracks in the wall and some of the floor was raised up.we were lucky that we did not die in the quake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: