Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delusions of adequacy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The K Dog

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Delusions of adequacy Reply with quote

Dear readers,
I am wondering if any of you Turkey-experts can lend me a hand: I am seriously considering the possibility of working at the university level in Istanbul and would just like to know if I am qualified and if I have a chance amid all the competition. I am a twenty-nine-year-old American/Irish citizen with an M.Ed in postsecondary TESOL and a BA in English Literature. I know that the university positions can be quite competitive in Turkey, so, I just wanted to know if you think that I have a shot for this coming autumn. I have taught EFL in France, South Korea and I have also taught ESL in the United States, and was just wondering. Your help would be most appreciated.
dmb

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to work in universities with a BA and TEFL certificate. The higher paid universities( Koc and Sabanci) do require MAs though.
lucy k

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't have any problem finding a job at a university with your experience and education. I, along with many other teachers I know here in Istanbul, have similar qualifications and work at universities. But if you want a job for the fall, I suggest that you act soon. I know that some universities (for example, Ko�) have already offered contracts for the fall. Ko� and Sabanci are the highest paying, and they offer apartments. Isik University also pays okay, but is moving far outside Istanbul next year. Bilgi University is also okay. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: