Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Students learn how to do effortless faceplants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fluffyhamster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Students learn how to do effortless faceplants Reply with quote

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/nov/05/parents-london-primary-school-dictatorial-walking-rule
gregory999

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing compared with what happened in the USA schools!
At least in the UK, no police officer to throw and drag school pupils in the ground. Laughing

Michael Reiss, professor at the Institute of Education, University College London, was responding to reports that children at St George the Martyr primary school in Holborn, central London, are being made to do “the university walk” around the school corridors.

Reiss said even children in Jane Austen’s novels were not made to walk around with their hands locked behind their backs.

“This is not a situation where pupils are being abused. Far worse things happen in schools across the world. Nevertheless expecting primary pupils to walk down corridors with their hands clasped behind their backs is simply not appropriate in England in 2015.”

“Even in Jane Austen’s novels pupils are not expected to walk around with their hands clasped behind their backs. I’m very in favour of high standards of pupil behaviour but forcing pupils to adopt unnatural behaviours risks being counterproductive.”

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/nov/05/schools-walking-rule-inappropriate-2015-says-education-expert
fluffyhamster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think the students should've been forced to walk with their palms clasped together in front of their chests, as if in prayer. Would've looked way cooler, solved the unnatural~dangerous posture issues, and reinforced the religion aspects. Boom! Everyone happy.
wangdaning

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember being corralled into a line in 3-4 grade. Walking down the hall, there was an electric cord (I say cord as it was a big chunk of wires). My teacher said don't touch it. Well, I touched it, held it, and asked her why.

I got in trouble of course, suspended, as it was not the first time I called a teacher out on their crap.

I am sure my teachers saw it another way, but my actions led to psych evaluations. This indefinitely led to pill recommendations. Luckily, my mother would have none of that crap.

I was doing what my mother taught me, ask for a reason before accepting what people say.

Hands behind the back is kind of like, shoot it before is knows were here. Awesomeness of current teaching theory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: