Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overwhelmed with choosing 120h TESOL/TEFL certification!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geostride87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject: Overwhelmed with choosing 120h TESOL/TEFL certification! Reply with quote

Hello Everyone! I posted this in the Newbie forum as well, wasn't sure which forum was the appropriate place for this.

My wife and I are native english speakers living in Canada, and are looking to get TESOL or TEFL certified. It seems like we have two options A) do a program that certifies you in the country in which you will end up teaching or B) do a certification here in Canada.

Option A, based on my internet research, will run is at least 2000 USD which really sucks for us due to the poor Canadian Dollar. But out of all the companies I've looked at, we're considering Language Corps Asia.

Option B is limited, as we only have two companies that offer certification; Oxford Seminars, and Global TESOL College (http://www.globaltesol.com/). We are considering the latter simply because they are offering half price for the second certification, which would be my wife's. However, I'm a little concerned, as their 120 hour TESOL certification offers 60 hours in class, and the rest we need to complete online on our own time. How does this compare to TESOL / TEFL Certification standards world wide in terms of recognition and job placement?

Any advice, input or suggestions regarding the options mentioned above, or a better course of action, would be greatly appreciated.

We're mainly looking at going to SE Asia (Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia mainly), but will also consider the middle east.

Thank You so much in advance!
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answered on the newbie forum so that you have responses on just one thread.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?p=1232671
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: