Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question: Moving Res Permit/FEC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SH_Panda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Question: Moving Res Permit/FEC Reply with quote

If you change jobs from a province where CBC/notarised degree are not required, to a province where those things are required (say, Beijing), do you need to provide those documents to move your visa stuff over?

Or is that only for new applicants from outside China?
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to but that was in 2004 when I broke a contract and moved to another local u.
If you have a new employer lined up and they really want you their FAO will do the dirty work.
My experience was in Dalian so maybe different now.
wangdaning

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non Sequitur wrote:
I had to but that was in 2004 when I broke a contract and moved to another local u.
If you have a new employer lined up and they really want you their FAO will do the dirty work.

Really, 2004 you needed a cbc and notarized degree?

I would ask the new employer what they need, it is very specific to employers and their relationship to the departments at this point.
The bear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Question: Moving Res Permit/FEC Reply with quote

SH_Panda wrote:
If you change jobs from a province where CBC/notarised degree are not required, to a province where those things are required (say, Beijing), do you need to provide those documents to move your visa stuff over?

I'm also within China and looking at doing the same thing (moving from a province where the rule isn't currently required to a province where it is required).

I've been told I still need to get the degree legalized.

I can see this screwing over a lot of genuine people. For example, this 'rule' came into effect sometime around December, or at least that's when employers started listening to it. It's after the spring festival now, people are starting to look for a new job. They get told they have to get it legalized in their home country...but when they go back, usually around July, is that enough time to get it done?
SH_Panda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Question: Moving Res Permit/FEC Reply with quote

The bear wrote:
SH_Panda wrote:

I'm also within China and looking at doing the same thing (moving from a province where the rule isn't currently required to a province where it is required).

I can see this screwing over a lot of genuine people. For example, this 'rule' came into effect sometime around December, or at least that's when employers started listening to it. It's after the spring festival now, people are starting to look for a new job. They get told they have to get it legalized in their home country...but when they go back, usually around July, is that enough time to get it done?

Is there any reason that it can't be done by post? Like, FedEx it to a family member and have them do it?
The bear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Question: Moving Res Permit/FEC Reply with quote

SH_Panda wrote:
The bear wrote:
SH_Panda wrote:

Is there any reason that it can't be done by post? Like, FedEx it to a family member and have them do it?

I can only talk about the UK as that's where I'm from - though I haven't done it yet.

You can ask another person to do it on your behalf. That's if you've got people willing to help back home. It's a lot to ask someone to do though, especially as they have to go to the embassy/consulate in person.

http://www.chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/lsfw/legalization/t1021894.htm
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wangdaning wrote:
Non Sequitur wrote:

Really, 2004 you needed a cbc and notarized degree?

I would ask the new employer what they need, it is very specific to employers and their relationship to the departments at this point.

It was to do with the relationship with PSB and as stated I broke a contract which was for 10 months.
I had actually gotten Job #1 via a friend and was never asked for notarised anything.
The first employer was somewhat miffed at my move but as Job #2 was with a nationally ranked u and my first employer a provincial level vocational, I expect there was guanxi involved.
My overall point and I note the OP was 2-part - mine being an in-country situation, is use the hiring FAO to battle through the bureaucracy.
An additional complication was that I went out of town to do a summer gig in the country. I was more than glad that my new FAO said: 'Leave it to us'.
SH_Panda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an answer for this, for Beijing at least.

A CBC is required, but the notarisation for the degree isn't.
Shanghai Noon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask them if they will accept a CBC from your province in China.
SH_Panda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanghai Noon wrote:
Ask them if they will accept a CBC from your province in China.

It must be from my home country.
SH_Panda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update... I finally know exactly what I need to move to Beijing:

- 'Legalised' degree

- Criminal background check from the UK, plus a letter (stamped) from my current school saying that I haven't broken any laws whilst I've been in China.

- A letter of recommendation (stamped) from my current employer.

The first thing is a huge pain in the **** for those of us who live here and are changing provinces. I need to send my degree certificate back to the UK, send it first to the Foreign Office who put their stamp on it, THEN to the Chinese embassy who put their stamp on it, THEN I need to collect it in person from there, because they won't do it by post Confused

I understand why China is doing this for new applicants, but there should be a way that those of us who have been here a while can do this in country. It's ridiculous.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SH_Panda wrote:
I need to send my degree certificate back to the UK, send it first to the Foreign Office who put their stamp on it, THEN to the Chinese embassy who put their stamp on it, THEN I need to collect it in person from there, because they won't do it by post Confused

There should be a way that those of us who have been here a while can do this in country.

Either have a relative in the UK handle the process for you or look into UK document processing companies that specialize in these services.
Shanghai Noon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice: If you really need to go through this much hassle, don't work in Beijing.
SH_Panda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanghai Noon wrote:
My advice: If you really need to go through this much hassle, don't work in Beijing.

My friend has to do all the same stuff for Xiamen. Basically any tier 1/tier 2 place requires it now.

Even my tinpot small town in Shandong now requires this stuff for new teachers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: