Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How long to receive CELTA certificate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armstr31

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: How long to receive CELTA certificate? Reply with quote

I'm applying for positions at the moment and they ask for an expected start date. My full-time CELTA will finish 15th July, can anyone tell me when I can expected my certificate? Or rather, how long after your course ended did you receive yours??
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a question for your prospective CELTA course provider. Once Cambridge has been notified that you've successfully completed the course, they'll mail the certificate (from the UK) to either the training facility or directly to you.

That said, it makes no sense to apply for positions now when you haven't yet started (and passed) the course.
D. Amokachi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It usually takes a couple of months. If you're desperate some centres will issue a letter in the mean time that says you completed the course and that they have recommended you pass. Not sure if employers accept it though.
D. Amokachi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way nothing wrong with applying early, I was doing the same. Good to have something lined up for when you finish.
Sethis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completed my CELTA at the end of March, I got an email with attached "Recommended Result" from my training centre the day after (which they said in 11 years had never been changed by Cambridge, and can be confidently shown to employers), and the certificate will follow within 6 weeks, depending on the schedule for marking.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. Amokachi wrote:
By the way nothing wrong with applying early, I was doing the same. Good to have something lined up for when you finish.

That's not the case for visa regulations and/or employers that require job seekers have a certificate in hand.
D. Amokachi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
D. Amokachi wrote:

That's not the case for visa regulations and/or employers that require job seekers have a certificate in hand.

A lot of places advertise for positions for a few months down the line. I've already seen some popping up for jobs starting in September. I'm just saying if you apply now, interview well, then they might offer you something, provided you complete the course in the meantime. As I said, no harm in getting the ball rolling.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. Amokachi wrote:
A lot of places advertise for positions for a few months down the line. I've already seen some popping up for jobs starting in September. I'm just saying if you apply now, interview well, then they might offer you something, provided you complete the course in the meantime. As I said, no harm in getting the ball rolling.

That's a generalization; it's unknown which country(ries) the OP has applied to nor what's required for the position(s).

Regardless, job seekers can certainly apply to any job they're interested in and at any time if they feel they meet the employer's and/or country's work visa requirements. I was questioning the OP's logic of applying now since the CELTA course won't begin for another two months. And given that his/her English is a bit off...
armstr31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Thankyou! Reply with quote

Sethis wrote:
I completed my CELTA at the end of March, I got an email with attached "Recommended Result" from my training centre the day after (which they said in 11 years had never been changed by Cambridge, and can be confidently shown to employers), and the certificate will follow within 6 weeks, depending on the schedule for marking.

This was just the information I was looking for, thank you!
Raul739

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly 2 months. At least for me it was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: