Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone teaching online and how?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Anyone teaching online and how? Reply with quote

I've never taught online but think it might be a goer when I'm old in Poland. Anyone doing it? How? Are there platforms for free? Do Poles actually pay up? etc etc....

I was wondering if people just chat/design a topic based syllabus/prepares readings to discuss/do TBL/send worksheets and do them together.
I really don't want to be running around town in my 60s.

I've been looking at Moodle and Skoology but they aren't what I'm on about.
Master Shake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject: italki Reply with quote

I knew an Irish teacher who used italki https://www.italki.com/home and seemed to have pretty good luck with it. Main draw/drawback of that platform is that, much like nativespeaker.com.pl, you set your own rate. Students can choose their teacher based on rate, qualifications and exp.. Should be a gas for you, dp, as I know how you like talking yourself up. Wink But I wager it will take a while to build up a solid base of students.

Anyone based in Poland have success building up a bank of online-only lessons?

One big advantage I can see of doing online lessons in Poland is the phenomenal internet service there. Definitely better than the service I have now in the US, and no filtering or copyright infringement DoS threats in Poland.
Infinite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done it.
I've used italki and couple other apps and I've also worked for a school in Asia.

Just as it is in real world, the virtual world is full of shady folks, even more so. The rates are shite and if you're going to go with an actual school... good luck with that Wink

The most popular one now is Topica Native from Vietnam - avoid like fire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: