Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speak English School Istanbul

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dudeteacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Speak English School Istanbul Reply with quote

This is a course school that seems to focus on General English and Business English.

Any feedback: working conditions, salary, etc.?

Dude
kchibou

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in Speak English too. What did you learn concerning working conditions, salary, etc?
Wicked_Witch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak English Corporate English Training and Consultancy
Teacher goes to the client
Most lessons are one to one

28 hours per week
3000tl per month
health insurance
travel card
commute reimbursement if trip exceeds 1 hour
Dedicated

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those not familiar with Istanbul, any work which requires travelling to the client will probably be a time-consuming nightmare. The traffic is dreadful and it is quite common to spend 2 hours commuting one way during rush hours, particularly if it requires crossing from the European to the Asian side of the Bosphorus.

Will this be factored in to your salary.....
Cosmixed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Speak English Review Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I'm leaving Istanbul for a bit, and wanted to give some positive feedback on Speak English. Out of the two schools I've worked for (the other being New York Studio of Languages) this is the only one I can recommend.

I worked for Speak English for about 8 months. There are as many hours as you can handle and the salary is on the higher end. All of my classes were 1-to-1, mostly Intermediate and above. The vast majority of my students were adult professionals from a variety of sectors, as well as a few kids. The majority of my classes were at the office in Levent, some at clients homes, and some online from my home. All of the students were interesting and nice people.

It's a small company and the only person you will have to deal with is Sally, who is Australian and a lovely person. With other schools in Istanbul it can be a nightmare sorting out issues or concerns, or even being informed about cancellations, but not at this one. It runs smoothly. That should be the norm, but in my previous experience it's not, so that merits my praise.

Another important factor in Istanbul is being paid on time and in full. I have many friends at NYS and elsewhere that having been dealing with both late and partial payments. In my time at Speak English my pay has always been exactly correct and on time. Also, I have not been lied to about anything. All promises have been kept. Enough said.

Last but not least as a teacher you will have a massive database of resources that you can easily access for classes. This cuts down on lesson planning time. Your schedule is also online and again they just have a smooth system regarding resources and logistics.

I really enjoyed working for this company, made a lot of TL, and highly recommend them to other teachers Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: