Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mid-life career change to ESL teacher in Mexico
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jultime

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
I'm still waiting for more news on the rental dog Laughing

She's a sweet girl, her name is Luna and I think she's about 8 years old. She's a lab/great dane cross, black with a touch of grey.

She doesn't understand English but she does understand biscuits. She's my best buddy, she greets me at the door, gives me kisses, and visits me in my room.

The advantage of having a rental dog is that I get all the good stuff without having to feed her, clean up after her or pay for vet visits.
Jultime

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More on the visa process:

In Houston I got the visa sticker put into my passport, this cost $36 USD. Upon entering Mexico I had to complete an FMM, this FMM is only valid for 30 days.

I went to Mexico Immigration on Thursday to continue the process of getting a work visa. I had to bring infantile profile pictures as well as the FMM, passport, and other paperwork from my employer. The cost to complete the work visa for one year is 3519 pesos, fortunately this was paid for by my employer. There's a trick though...you have to take the receipt for payment to Immigration and the payment has to be made the same day as your visit to Immigration.

After 5 days I need to check online to find out what the status of my application is, soon after that I will go back to Immigration to do my fingerprint(s) and pick up my visa card.
kimberleygd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jultime, what documents did you have to have notarized? I am a bit confused on this. My employer has sent me the "NUT" (case number) from Immigration, and has told me I just need to go to the Consulate to process the visa. I don't want to arrive without the proper documentation (although on the consulate website, it give specific details on what you need) and nothing what I read is on there, only passport and copy, and a separate photo. Nothing about other documents.
Jultime

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have any documents notarized. I took my NUT letter, my FMM, passport and photos to the immigration office on the first visit.

In fact, when I went to the consulate they took photos there.

You need to book your consular appointment within 30 days of the date of issue on your NUT letter.
Jultime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visa process completed! I picked up my card yesterday.
esl_prof

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jultime wrote:

Congratulations! You picked up your card almost exactly thirteen months to the day of when you posted your first inquiry to this forum. Since that time, you've quit your job in Canada, made an international move, studied Spanish, earned a CELTA, started a completely new life as an EFL teacher in Mexico, and returned to this forum on numerous occasions to offer advice to other newbies following in your footsteps.

May you enjoy many productive years teaching abroad!!! We look forward to hearing more about your ongoing adventures as time permits.
kimberleygd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jultime wrote:

Congrats Jultime, I am really glad your enjoying your time so far, seems like everything went through without a hitch!
Jultime

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for an update!

Time flies...I've been living and working in Queretaro for a year now.

I'm very happy to still be teaching at the same school. I found a house to rent, found 2 room mates and adopted a dog. Life is good. I've no regrets about changing my life.

Live your dream!
abbott123

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: New in Queretaro, but I've been following your Story Jultime Reply with quote

I just arrived about a week ago here in Queretaro...I'm just getting to know the city...I just signed my contract at my school yesterday..I'm living in th cetro historical great area especially for walking.
Jultime and Fitzgerald...Thanks for all your information it made my decision easy to come to Queretaro and to settle here..I have lived in Mexico City(never again) great place to visit..but certainly not to live..San Luis Potosi..nice town, but something was missing don't know what, but Queretaro seems to have everything of course this is my first impression so.. If either of you or both of you would like to meet at any time I'd be up for it.... Smile Smile
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't named, and I hate to party-crash, but if you're all getting together I will be in Queretaro on Friday, May 27th. Anyone care to meet up then, perhaps late aft or early evening?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
abbott123

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject: Meet up in Queretaro, Great idea............................ Reply with quote

Hi Guy, I'm new to the forum, but I think a get together with you and whoever else wants to join us would be great. Lets see, if Jultime and Fitzgerald might like to join us. It would be great to meet people who I have been reading for awhile and enjoyed their experiences.

A meet up or get together is always a good time and a great way to get to know ones colleagues. I'm up for it on the 27th..... Very Happy Very Happy
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Righty-roo, let's wait for those two to check in. Let me get a better grasp of my schedule so we can coordinate here. I'm on a 5 city tour over 4 days that week!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
abbott123

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Meet up in Queretaro Reply with quote

Hi Guy, That is great, we'll keep in touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
abbott123

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Jultime ....Fitzgerald lets set up a get together .......... Reply with quote

coordinated with Guy on the 27th it would be great to meet all of you!!!
abbott123

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Hi Jultime where were you on May, 27th...................... Reply with quote

Hi Jultime, What happened to you on May 27th we missed you at the meet up??? Well the next meet up it would be great to meet you!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: