Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which toilet should a transgender use?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnslat

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toilets, apparently:

"Palm Beach’s 10 Most Expensive Homes: Tennis Courts, Pools, And More Toilets Than Ever."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/10/palm-beach-10-most-expensive-homes_n_1765075.html

But the rich there never use them; they employ the poor to go to the bathroom for them. Very Happy

Regards,
John
sheikh radlinrol

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
Toilets, apparently:

"Palm Beach’s 10 Most Expensive Homes: Tennis Courts, Pools, And More Toilets Than Ever."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/10/palm-beach-10-most-expensive-homes_n_1765075.html

But the rich there never use them; they employ the poor to go to the bathroom for them. Very Happy

Regards,
John

That made me laugh and also think about Steinbeck´s geat novel ¨The Grapes of Wrath¨. Thousands of Okies trudging west with ¨ten CRAPPERS to the whole shebang¨. I didn´t know then that Mr. Crapper was the man who invented the flush bog, hence the verb to c***! I doubt that there were many transgenders among them, do you?
johnslat

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sheikh,

No idea - though I suspect the number of gays, bisexuals, transgenders, etc. has remained fairly constant over the eons.

As for Mr. Crapper: "It is popularly thought that Mr. Crapper invented the W.C., and that the vulgar word for faeces is a derivative of his name, but neither belief is true. However, etymologists attest that the Amercian word, "crapper", meaning the W.C. is directly from his name."

In other words, the belief he invented the "flush bog" is, well, crap. Very Happy

http://www.thomas-crapper.com/The-History-of-Thomas-Crapper.html

Regards,
John
MI6agent

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sheikh radlinrol wrote:
johnslat wrote:
Toilets, apparently:

Regards,
John

That made me laugh and also think about Steinbeck´s geat novel ¨The Grapes of Wrath¨. Thousands of Okies trudging west with ¨ten CRAPPERS to the whole shebang¨. I didn´t know then that Mr. Crapper was the man who invented the flush bog, hence the verb to c***! I doubt that there were many transgenders among them, do you?

sheikh, I see you are interested in the topic of toilets and their functions?
I have got an idea, why not do a PhD in the usefulness of portable dry toilets in the slums of the Magic Kingdom? Laughing
To direct you in this PhD topic, I suggest you look at the work done by Stanford University for their portable dry toilets in Haiti.
https://news.stanford.edu/2015/05/11/haiti-toilet-solutions-051115/

I suggest Prof. scotty to be your first supervisor, and Prof. Johnslat the second one? Laughing
You external examiner is Prof. Hod Very Happy
The chairman of your viva is Prof. MI6agent.

Good luck.
adventious

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Policy makers desperate to contain and eliminate waterborne diseases have been soliciting philanthropists and engineers for some time to address the practical challenges of human waste disposal. Were western "flush" toilets magically distributed to every human on Earth, the water necessary to operate them isn't feasible.

The challenge is an interesting illustration of how "developed" and "developing" infrastructures are limited and interdependent.

I've mentioned before: Developed nations allocate potable water to merely ferry human waste while developing nations manage shortages of potable water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: