Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spanish tutor rates in Mexico City

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sistaray

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Spanish tutor rates in Mexico City Reply with quote

Hi all, I've got a free summer which I intend to use brushing up on my Spanish. I've researched enough to know that Guatemala's really the best for one's Intensive Spanish + homestay buck; however, I love Mexico DF and would much prefer to spend a month or so there even if it means spending more.

Not finding online searches for Spanish tutors in DF very fruitful, I've considered just turning up, and I assume I'd be able to find a university student and/or teacher offering privates.

What rates should I expect to pay per hour for 1:1 Spanish classes in Mexico City?

Also names / contact info of people you'd recommend welcome in PM!
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about rates, but I do know that if you get onto one of the Mexico City facebook groups (Expats, Americans in DF, etc, etc) you'll find plenty of Spanish tutors.

Last edited by Guy Courchesne on Thu May 26, 2016 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MotherF

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Guy. (It rhymes!)

Hit up the Facebook expat groups and you'll get the cost and personal recommendations for teachers.

If you want something more formal with recognized credits and certificates check out www.cepe.unam.MX
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you want something more formal with recognized credits and certificates check out www.cepe.unam.MX

Hands down best program in the country.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to learn Spanish immersion style I live in a small town in Zacatecas where you can rent a room for a month for 70 dollars or so, the people are friendly and the food is yummy. My husband and I could give you Spanish classes, or just hang out and talk, and I know tons of people who would be happy to do it for cheap, so you'd get a variety of teaching styles. PM me if that interests you at all.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Spanish tutor rates in Mexico City Reply with quote

sistaray wrote:
Hi all, I've got a free summer which I intend to use brushing up on my Spanish. I've researched enough to know that Guatemala's really the best for one's Intensive Spanish + homestay buck; however, I love Mexico DF and would much prefer to spend a month or so there even if it means spending more.

Not finding online searches for Spanish tutors in DF very fruitful, I've considered just turning up, and I assume I'd be able to find a university student and/or teacher offering privates.

!

Just FYI, DF no longer exists, it is now Ciudad de Mexico only, boo hoo. Having lived more of my life there than anywhere else I will probably never get used to that

https://www.yahoo.com/news/df-cdmx-mexico-city-changes-name-status-002032172.html?ref=gs
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DF, CDMX, the good news is they are still Chilangos.

Visiting CDMX this week and was reminded today just how Chilango the place remains in fighting for taxis. For the record, I won and it only cost me a small patch of skin.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:
DF, CDMX, the good news is they are still Chilangos.

Visiting CDMX this week and was reminded today just how Chilango the place remains in fighting for taxis. For the record, I won and it only cost me a small patch of skin.

Well, good news FOR Chilangos......but if you ask anyone outside of DF being a Chilango is BAD news, it is amazing the things people who have never even MET someone from DF, much less BEEN there think and people where I live now are anywhere from surprised to amazed to astounded that we are nice, normal(ish) people.
MixtecaMike

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally found that capitalinos in Mexico were more educado and helpful than their country cousins, and the same goes now in Guatemala. I have been in the capital for a month and compared to Xela, the alleged Ciudad de la Cultura, it's a haven of good manners, fairly orderly queues at bus stops, and drivers that actually let pedestrians cross without knocking them over at the traffic lights. (When the cars have the red light.)
Even the beggars are polite if you don't give them anything more than an acknowledgement that they exist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: