Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa/WP Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardinal Synn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Overstay update Reply with quote

veteraninukraine wrote:
Up to now many foreign teachers in Ukraine have been able to get away with over staying (staying past the allowed 90 days) and just paying a fine at the airport when exiting Ukraine. Now the Immigration services have been cracking down on the English schools. I have personally witnessed this! If they catch you while your still in Ukraine they make you go through a humiliating deportation process which involves court! Only the higher end international schools have the means to get teachers a working visa.

Oh really? They are cracking down on this? Which higher end international schools provide legalization?
I guess you are saying that private schools, like IH and LSE don't provide legalization?
You personally witnessed schools being raided and people being dragged to court and deported? Really?

Would like to hear more about this.
PS. I have lived here for 7 years straight and haven't heard of any such thing.
Cardinal Synn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Does one need a Russian visa to holiday in Crimea? Reply with quote

Beyond1984 wrote:
I spent about a week in Crimean Black Sea resort towns a few years ago, while working in Kiev. Is this still possible, or does one need a Russian visa to visit Krim now??

Thanks,
-HDt

Why not call Putin and ask him? What a question.
veteraninukraine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Overstay update Reply with quote

Cardinal Synn wrote:
veteraninukraine wrote:
Up to now many foreign teachers in Ukraine have been able to get away with over staying (staying past the allowed 90 days) and just paying a fine at the airport when exiting Ukraine. Now the Immigration services have been cracking down on the English schools. I have personally witnessed this! If they catch you while your still in Ukraine they make you go through a humiliating deportation process which involves court! Only the higher end international schools have the means to get teachers a working visa.

Oh really? They are cracking down on this? Which higher end international schools provide legalization?
I guess you are saying that private schools, like IH and LSE don't provide legalization?
You personally witnessed schools being raided and people being dragged to court and deported? Really?

Would like to hear more about this.
PS. I have lived here for 7 years straight and haven't heard of any such thing.

Just search some sites like expatua, there u will see other testimony about the crackdown, i mean this just happened a few days ago so of course nobody is aware of it yet. they want to catch everyone off guard!

I can't say which schools are being targeted but if you are in Ukraine illegally go get a visa before they ban you for over staying.
golsa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Overstay update Reply with quote

Cardinal Synn wrote:

BC, LSE, and IH people are all fine as our schools take care of this to varying degrees. I wouldn't want to work for one of the other schools though....
Cardinal Synn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Overstay update Reply with quote

golsa wrote:
Cardinal Synn wrote:

BC, LSE, and IH people are all fine as our schools take care of this to varying degrees. I wouldn't want to work for one of the other schools though....

IH and BC are legal, yes. Not sure about LSE.
kyivkyiv

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Overstay update Reply with quote

Cardinal Synn wrote:
golsa wrote:
Cardinal Synn wrote:

IH and BC are legal, yes. Not sure about LSE.

I have friends who work for LSE/Educational Solutions and can confirm that they can provide documents to get a work visa before you enter the country or send you on a work visa if you're already in the country.
waltgomez

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Does one need a Russian visa to holiday in Crimea? Reply with quote

Beyond1984 wrote:
I spent about a week in Crimean Black Sea resort towns a few years ago, while working in Kiev. Is this still possible, or does one need a Russian visa to visit Krim now??

Thanks,
-HDt

The UA government considers Crimea temporarily occupied territory. Foreigners who have been to Crimea after Russian occupation may not be allowed to visit or set foot in Ukraine again. They may also be criminally liable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Ukraine All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: