Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alarm bells Greenwich School of English

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Alarm bells Greenwich School of English Reply with quote

Advertised on TEFL.com, you pay 9% tax as you are paid through a foundation as long as you submit a lesson plan-the old materials writing scam?
Infinite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh... they're probably working with third party institutions hence the need for materials. Umowa o dzielo requires a dzielo, which is your materials. I've noticed that schools are really trying to save money wherever they can. Teachers.... finally... are refusing to work for the mere 60pln per 60.

I was called by one of my previous schools just last week. I haven't worked for them in over 4 years but they still offered me 60/60. When I asked them about a possible increase, they said that this is the standard. We got into a short conversation about the fact that this so called standard hasn't changed in over a decade blah blah... to make the long story short, I had a good laugh.
simon_porter00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that wasn't good old lingua nova was it?
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: omg Reply with quote

Been looking through lots of ads and the offers are just a joke. The lies are incredible re cost of living etc. Same old dodgy tax practices and salaries that haven't gone up in years and years and years.

Any new guy reading this just stay away-you'll be dirt poor.
sparks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, on the Facebook page Americans and English teachers in Warsaw, I just saw a post looking for a teacher to take 2 60 minute classes at 100 zl a piece, 200 zl. for 2 hours of work. It ain't all bad here.
Master Shake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparks wrote:
It ain't all bad here.
No, not at all. And anyone who says it is that bad is wilfully ignorant and probably pushing an agenda.

I did 1zl/min. classes the first year I lived in Warsaw. During that first year I made contacts, completed DELTA, and built up a bit of a reputation. Soon enough, I was turning down the 1zl stuff (e.g. ELS Bell) in favor of stuff that paid better.

It's a Warsaw thing. Probably not as easy to do this in other cities, though not impossible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: