Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overseas Medical Check----Z Visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Listerine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MuscatGary"]
ajmci wrote:
Alien abductee wrote:
Just get the whole medical as per that form done and take it with you when you apply for the visa.

Yeah, I would but how?? The form wants chest X-ray report, ECG and lab test report for AIDS, Syphilis etc! My GP can't do all that and getting referred would take months

Has anyone managed to get such a medical report completed in the UK?

You need to go to a travel clinic. Not cheap in the UK. I'm from the UK but had all of that done in Spain for less than 200 euros at a private clinic. It took a couple of days. Maybe worth a quick holiday?

Bearing in mind an embassy / consulate in one country may not accept a medical check from another country. I applied in Bangkok and they refused my 2 week old Korean medical check claiming it was too difficult to verify being issued in a different country, and that I'd need to do it again in Thailand. I ended up doing THREE medical checks to come to China the first time. Good ole bureaucracy.
Piper2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajmci wrote:
Anyone know what the latest situation for getting these medical examinations done overseas is?

I've been sent a "Physical Examination Record for Foreigner" document by a prospective employer and took it along to my GP; receptionist said they could complete some but not all (Chest X-ray, ECG) sections.

I'm in Edinburgh at the moment so I'll email the Chinese consulate here but it sound a lot easier to get it all done in China!

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Ajmci, the Chinese visa centre in Edinburgh website http://www.visaforchina.org/EDI_EN/
A few links in (Step by step guidance, Z employment, next, verification code, T&Cs, next), the Documents Required page for z-visa makes no mention of a medical. I copied the page below...

If I were you I would try to confirm this with the visa centre.

Step1
Prepare Documents

Step2
Submit visa application at the Centre

Step3
Pay and Collect Here are the documents you shall prepare before submission:

1. Basic Documents
(1) Passport
Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and with blank visa pages, a photocopy of the passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate.
(2) Visa Application Form and Photo
One completed Visa Application Form with a recently-taken colour passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a light background (size: 48mm x 33mm) attached.
  There are two ways to prepare your application form. You may complete an Online Application Form (where a Visa Centre provides such service), print it out and sign it; or, you can download the application form and declaration form from our website and fill it out manually and sign it.
  Please remember to bring the completed form to the Visa Centre to submit your application.
(3) Proof of legal status (applicable for those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)
  If you are not applying for a visa in the country of your citizenship, you must provide the original and photocopy of your valid certificates of residence, employment or student status, or other valid certificates of legal stay provided by the relevant authorities of the country where the Visa Centre is located.
(4) Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable for those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship).
  If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide the last Chinese passport held and a photocopy of its data page.
  If you have obtained Chinese visas before and apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate, as well as the previous Chinese visa page (If your name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, you must provide an official document of name change).
(5) Declaration
Please download and sign Declaration.
(6)Important note:Visa centre will not return any document(except passport)please provide the original and photocopy of all the documents.(Include photocopy of previous Chinese visa)
2. Supporting documents
Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by Chinese relevant units, as well as one of the following approval documents:
(1) Alien Employment License of the People’s Republic of China issued by the Chinese government authority for Human Resources and Social Security;
(2) Permit for Foreign Experts Working in China issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts;
(3) Letter of Invitation to Foreigners for Offshore Petroleum Operations in China issued by China National Offshore Oil Corporation;
(4) Registration certificate of the resident representative office of foreign (regional) enterprises issued by related administrative department of industry and commerce;
(5) An approval document for commercial performance issued by Chinese government authority for Cultural Affairs (only applicable to applicants for commercial performances in mainland China).
We kindly remind you that:
Holders of Z-Visa must apply for a residence permit from the immigration department of the local public security authority in the place intended to stay within 30 days of entry to China.
3. Special notes
(1) The invitation letter may be in the form of fax, photocopy or computer printout, but the consular officer may require the applicant to submit the original of the invitation letter. An issuer of invitation letter who is an individual in China should also provide a photocopy of his/her Chinese ID.
(2) If necesssary, the consular officer may require the applicant to provide other proof documents or supplementary materials, or require an interview with the applicant.
(3) The consular officer will decide on whether or not to issue the visa and on its validity, duration of stay and number of entries in light of specific conditions of the applicant.
NextPrevious
ajmci

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well found Piper2!

That's just around the corner from where I'm teaching so I shall pay them a visit...

Cheers!
Piper2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajmci wrote:
That's just around the corner from where I'm teaching so I shall pay them a visit...

Bear in mind that these visa centres often do answer the phone and respond to emails, that is my experience. They also use an online appointment system which will save you time if you plan to visit them.
vikeologist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're in the UK near London you can get a medical done here;

http://walkin-clinic.co.uk/visa-medicals-china

It costs £375

of course if you can get your employer to accept the form filled in by your GP, that's obviously better and cheaper.
AlecBaldwinsEgo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much does the medical check for that standard form usually cost in the US? With insurance?
RonnieColeman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

old.

Last edited by RonnieColeman on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stomper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be doing the medical again in China anyway...
The one you do in the UK is really a waste of time & money.
But they want it to apply for your invite letter

I went to my GP and had an occupational medical done for about £100.
No real tests done, I was pretty sure I didn't have HIV or TB.
I downloaded the "medical for foreigner" form and got the doc to fill it in the best they could and got it stamped by the doc in various places...

China loves stamps!

This is the form I used...

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/ywzn/lsyw/vpna/rap/W020110807201675371788.pdf
bluetortilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine done in Japan for about 300 USD! Sad

They checked EVERYTHING. I don't see how I could have gotten out of it. There was no way the school would send me the invitation letter, etc., without the report and no way that a Japanese doctor would put his/her stamp on something not done thoroughly. That was that.
SuzieQUE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Getting Chinese health check in thailand Reply with quote

Hi

Does anyone know how to find out where I can get this health check in Thailand? It seems impossible to find out! Is there a list of approved hospitals?

Many thanks
Suzie
bule_boy69

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: UK Reply with quote

Hi..

Anyone got recent experience of getting a Z visa in the UK?

Was a medical report one of the requirements or not?

Thanks
Michaela

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I am in the process of getting Z visa.I dont have to have medical check done before I go to China.They just want to have GP Statement to show that I am healthy.What is suppose to be written there?Than kyou Smile
Lukky83

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So frustrated. The embassy in DC doesn’t answer its phone or is a busy signal. The Z visa instructions require the medical exam form. No instructions on where to have it completed. The link to the form is broken, and when I asked for it by email they e-mailed me the visa application form. I found the form elsewhere but it could be old.
I e-mailed one of the other consulates and was told they don’t require the form now? But employer-to-be says for the foreign expert certificate I have to turn in a medical form (from here, before I get there?)
Don’t know if I have to go to a major hospital, can just go to my doctor or what.
Any clue from my US compatriots?
plumpy nut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my understanding. Your medical check can probably be done by any physician. I didn't use a hospital. Although I would probably use an MD or a DO. You know how haughty the barbarian embassies from third world countries can be when it comes to superficial aspects of some thing. The medical check has to be done in your country of origin, this last piece of information is what I was told outright by the school that hired me.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lukky83 wrote:
So frustrated. The embassy in DC doesn’t answer its phone or is a busy signal. The Z visa instructions require the medical exam form. No instructions on where to have it completed. The link to the form is broken, and when I asked for it by email they e-mailed me the visa application form. I found the form elsewhere but it could be old.
I e-mailed one of the other consulates and was told they don’t require the form now? But employer-to-be says for the foreign expert certificate I have to turn in a medical form (from here, before I get there?)
Don’t know if I have to go to a major hospital, can just go to my doctor or what.
Any clue from my US compatriots?

Hospitals are expensive. Try one of the urgent care centers in your city; most do employment physicals and have an MD or DO on staff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: