Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change of job

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Change of job Reply with quote

I have a question regarding my permanent residence status. I am married to a Mexican and our child is also Mexican. I'm thinking of changing jobs but the thought of having to go to the immigration office again to inform them is making my blood pressure rise just thinking about it!
What happens if I don't inform them? Is there any way they can find out if I don't tell them?
Thanks as always Smile
notamiss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s only temporary residents who have to go through the change-of-job process with INM. It’s not a requirement for permanent residents – I believe you don’t even have to inform them. Right, people-who-know?
MotherF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. You do have to inform them.
But there is no fee.
The catch is the employer still has to be approved to hire foreigners, the only real headache would be if your new employer was not so you have to get them to submitthat paper work.
If at some point in the future you didn't inform inm of a change and they some how found out, there is a per diem fine after 90days.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The catch is the employer still has to be approved to hire foreigners

This isn't true for all areas of Mexico in my experience. I've helped some folks switch employers in Merida, Queretaro, and Guadalajara and the employing schools were not registered with INM.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Allie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you both for your replies.
I would be working as a freelancer and I would still do my Mexican tax declaration.
Are the SAT and the INM systems connected? That's the only way I can really see them being able to find out.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAT and INM are not connected in that they have access to each other's data. Some activities and registrations with INM require you to provide SAT data such as tax returns but probably not in your case if you stay a persona fisica just working for yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: