Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Besr places to find work in Italy?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
james ludwick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Besr places to find work in Italy? Reply with quote

I'm Canadian(with an EU passport)and I'm looking into teaching possibilities in the new year.Can expat teachers give me some advice/recommendations/feedback etc regarding best locations for work/schools etc? Thanks
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my two long trips in Italy I would say that all the business and growth is in the north. Lots of people I talked to in the south told me how their son or daughter was working in Turin, Milan or Rome. There is high unemployment in the south. If you want to get into corporate work and private teaching I would go north from a financial point of view. Bergamo another place to check out.
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think currentaffair's generally correct. Also wonder what you've got in terms of quals. Certification, related degree, other?
Tazz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Italy, Chile, Uruaguy, Spain, Singapore, Costa Rica, Italy again.......awful lot of wondering-but very little wandering it seems. Surprised
Chopin16

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need any quals to teach in Italy. Maybe a CELTA but you certainly don't need a related degree. You don't need any degree to teach in Italy. Even if you did, you could just say you have got a degree as no one bothers checking quals in Italy. I worked there and there were teachers with no quals whatsoever working for my company.
Chopin16

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turin is rubbish to work in. I went for an interview for one school when I lost a job and they were just going to offer me casual work as and when required. I also went for another interview there to some british guy who owns a language school there. He never offered me anything. I never heard from him at all after the interview. Go somewhere else like Milan or Rome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: