Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al-Mawahib British Private School Sharja
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esampang

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Al-Mawahib British Private School Sharja Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I was offered aatachhng position at this school. Just wondering if anyone here has any info regarding this school?
siologen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: re: anyone? Reply with quote

Is there anybody....out there Laughing Cool Razz Twisted Evil

Bueller Question Bueller Question
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave's has always had very few K-12 school teachers as members. Thus information is rarely available unless it is one of the few private schools used by the Western expats.

I suggest that the poster google various expat forums in the UAE.

VS
merlin2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: questionable added costs Reply with quote

did the employer ask you to pay for your flights as well as the working documents i.e., Emirates National ID card, UAE Teaching certificate
siologen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: re: questionable added costs part 2 redux Reply with quote

Hello,

Good to see there is a fellow poster with good contract observation skills, and paying due dilligence to something that is standard in the gulf (flights and visas being covered by the employer/sponsor).

Regards,
S
esampang

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that the job post is a scam. I replied to it to see what kind of response I get. They seem legitimate at first....the 'principal' asks for an interview, then within hours of the interview, you get sent an email with an offer. The email that follows is the contract with instructions to contact the 'Immigration Office' and that there is no need to contact the UAE embassy in your home country, any expenses that you incur will be reimbursed once you arrive in the UAE. I sent an email to the 'director general' of the immigration officer. I was then sent an invoice with an atrocious amount. In between emails you are sent photos of the apartment they provide for you ad information about the school.

I can seen that for people who are not informed about the visa process in the UAE that this would sound believable, but it's not.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Scam Reply with quote

It's a scam. I found that ad and immediately noticed the usual red flags (see bolding), especially that ridiculously high salary and hotmail address:
    A Degree in any discipline from a reputable university
    • Impeccable command of English (Only native speakers of UK, USA, Canada, Australia & NZ)
    • Relevant teaching experience
    • ONLY career teachers need to apply (a 2 years contract)

SALARY & BENEFITS:
    Monthly salary is 21,500 AED
    • Competitive salary (tax free)
    • Annual return ticket
    Teachers residence (single apartment) with individual rooms and Air-conditioner (next to the school)
    • Health Insurance
    • 5 Day Work Week (7am – 4pm)
    • Paid holidays: Up to 75 days
    • Teachers can explore UAE culture; visit the lakes, beaches and mountains during the weekends; tour the country
    Cost of living is extremely affordable.

If you are interested and ready to relocate to United Arab Emirates; send us your cv, certificate, cover letter and other related documents to ([email protected])
merlin2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: more fish-e-ness Reply with quote

plus, their website hasn't been updated in over a year! http://www.almawahibschool.com/Default.aspx
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Scam Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:

• Teachers can explore UAE culture; visit the lakes, beaches and mountains during the weekends; tour the country

Who knew that the UAE has 'lakes'... LOL

But seriously... time to remind people of the long running 10 year old SCAM thread at the top of the page:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=58448

VS
siologen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: re: salary Reply with quote

I thought the salary was very high for a teacher with a degree in the UAE, where requiring a masters is the norm. I do wonder if anyone is actually working for them, or are there any ex employees who have anything to add to this thread?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a scam... there are no employees. Some people may have been tricked into sending money to them, but none of them would have got a job out of it.

There "may" be an actual school with this name, but if so, none of their teachers received their position from this ad.

VS
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: re: salary Reply with quote

siologen wrote:
I thought the salary was very high for a teacher with a degree in the UAE, where requiring a masters is the norm. I do wonder if anyone is actually working for them, or are there any ex employees who have anything to add to this thread?

Move on. The school is legit despite its lousy web presence. However, the job ad is a scam (see esampang's 2nd post above) and doesn't appear to be connected to the school.
siologen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: re: agreed Reply with quote

Already looking elsewhere, no worries. Wink
merlin2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: more fish-e-ness Reply with quote

"Due to the bad experience, we had late last year; after in curing traveling expenses and documentation fees for five of our foreign staffs, they did not come and work for us. We lost 57,900 AED; for this reason, we decided that all our foreign staffs should in cure their traveling expenses and get reimbursed after arriving UAE. "
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: more fish-e-ness Reply with quote

merlin2 wrote:
"Due to the bad experience, we had late last year; after in curing traveling expenses and documentation fees for five of our foreign staffs, they did not come and work for us. We lost 57,900 AED; for this reason, we decided that all our foreign staffs should in cure their traveling expenses and get reimbursed after arriving UAE. "

LOL... ungrammatical BS...

And even if true, it suggests that they need to learn how to vet new hires.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: