Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windsor Moscow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickgrace1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Windsor Moscow Reply with quote

It has been a long time since something has been posted about them and as they seem to recruit fairly often I thought it might be interesting to see if anyone has any recent info on them. What they offer is good for Moscow at the moment, but what are they really like?
elkotik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a student whose mother went there and hated it.
nickgrace1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was she a student?
Spasibo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickgrace1 wrote:
Was she a student?

This makes no sense.
nickgrace1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? The previous poster said he had a student whose mother went and I asked if the mother was a student or worked there? Please tell me what does not make sense?
maruss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Windsor Reply with quote

I had contact with them in 2006, which was over 10 years ago, when I was already in Moscow working freelance and wanted some extra hours and not a full-time salaried job.
Although the lady I dealt with was very pleasant and helpful, the contracts they were anticipating never materialised so I never did any work for them.There were some ex-pat teachers working salaried there, only one of who was sociable while the others gave me the definite impression that they did not want to talk about the firm- this obviously made me rather suspicious!
Concerning their terms and conditions, they seem to offer much the same as the other well-known 'Mac-schools' which are often recruiting-i.e. shared accom. and around the equivalent of between 800-900 euros per month net, which is not much for more than basic Moscow living, even since the rouble plummeted about two years ago.They did also advertise for a position in Vladimir some time ago, one of the Golden Ring towns, which would only suit someone who had at least a working knowledge of Russian and likes history etc as the there would probably be no other foreigners there!For the adventurous, they also had a vacancy in far-flung Irkutsk in Siberia which would definitely not suit an ex-pat who might get homesick or lonely if they were there alone!
maruss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: P.S...... Reply with quote

Frequent recruitment can mean two things:1)unexpected expansion of business etc or, and most likely,2)high turnover of staff due to poor conditions, salary, management etc!
elkotik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickgrace1 wrote:
Why? The previous poster said he had a student whose mother went and I asked if the mother was a student or worked there? Please tell me what does not make sense?

Saying she went there implies studying. She STUDIED at Windsor.
nickgrace1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the input.
louisdt

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked at Windsor as a teacher and a member of the academic management staff until recently.

Maruss is right, turnover is high, and it's for the usual reasons.

In the interest of diplomacy, I won't say anything more here, but I'll be happy to reply to any PMs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: