Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vaughan Systems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AGL81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're hiring again, extensively
PierogiMonster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied a month ago but wasn't taken on. I asked them politely - twice - why this was only for them to say it was not their policy to comment on why individuals are not hired. I consider this unprofessional, rude and unhelpful.

But, having just found this thread, perhaps it was a lucky escape: I am 45-y-o, very experienced, with BA, PGCE, CELTA and studying DELTA. I would hazard a guess that such a CV makes me over-qualified and over-experienced i.e. they think it would be much harder for me to fit into their particular methodology.

BTW, anyone have any advice for good Spanish employers for one such as me? Thanks.
Noelito

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: The Vaughan system Reply with quote

Hi all, I have to admit that this Vaughan method really intrigues me! I've watched a few videos on Youtube and it looks like a very old school, rigid, repetitive method of teaching, but...and here's the kicker, it seems to work!!! Vaughan pay relatively well for schools in Spain, and it has a very impressive client list, so it must be doing something right!!??

...So my question, (aimed specifically at former Vaughan teachers) is this...After you left Vaughan, assuming you remained in the English teaching game, did you continue to use the Vaughan methodology? Or at least retain the core principles from the method? When you taught again using traditional teaching methodologies, did you try to include some Vaughan techniques in class?
AGL81

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PierogiMonster wrote:
I applied a month ago but wasn't taken on. I asked them politely - twice - why this was only for them to say it was not their policy to comment on why individuals are not hired. I consider this unprofessional, rude and unhelpful.

But, having just found this thread, perhaps it was a lucky escape: I am 45-y-o, very experienced, with BA, PGCE, CELTA and studying DELTA. I would hazard a guess that such a CV makes me over-qualified and over-experienced i.e. they think it would be much harder for me to fit into their particular methodology.

BTW, anyone have any advice for good Spanish employers for one such as me? Thanks.

Vaughan receives between 4k-5k applications every year. Positions advertised post-November are almost invariably ad hoc recruitments as opposed to the planned groups that come out from August to October, and there could be a slew of reasons why you weren't selected. But I personally know several Vaughan teachers who are older than you, some significantly, with loads of teaching experience and qualifications.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: