Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Establishment and Corbyn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: The Establishment and Corbyn Reply with quote

http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/14637934.Kevin_McKenna__Why_the_powers_that_be_fear_Jeremy_Corbyn/
Wolfsong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do you think about it?
Mikalina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think many people can't quite fathom him out. He doesn't want to drop nuclear bombs on people. Strange......
Wolfsong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikalina wrote:
I think many people can't quite fathom him out. He doesn't want to drop nuclear bombs on people. Strange......

It's not just that though, is it? Lots of people have the same view but would not share any other of Corbyn's views. Are you asking about the article or Corbyn himself?
Mikalina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was interesting to see that the Corbyn hating press (communist Corbyn; Corbyn loves terrorists - oh, the irony) seems to have had less effect this time in the election. Perhaps now we can have the MSM reporting the news rather than shaping it.

I heard on BBC World, [i]our[i] propaganda station, that one member of the public reached 8 million people on Facebook with a political message advertisement which cost £2,500 - a rival to the big money donors.

MOD EDIT
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tories spent 1.6 million on election campaign. Lib Dems 200,000 or so. Both these parties had wealthy donors giving tens of thousands. Labour spent 62,000 and used the boots on the ground.

May gone by the October party conference (or sooner). The list of potential Tory leaders is pretty poor - Rudd has a majority of just 300, Boris carries about as much baggage or more as Corbyn and is not trusted, Hammond looks like a ghoul, and Davis is very right wing and unappealing. Propped up by a party with paramilitary associations and archaic views on abortion and gay marriage the Tories are really going to struggle. Corbyn should be in power by the turn of the year.
Mikalina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point I was making, I think, was not necessarily political but with reference to the control of information.

In Britain, elections have historically been strongly controlled by the MSM - powers with money and personal vested interests.

I was highlighting the fact that, hopefully, today, "democracy" will be made more accessible by the balancing factor of access to all with regards to information control, via inexpensive social media.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: