Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beware: Learning Jungle International School-Cambodia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angie1265

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Beware: Learning Jungle International School-Cambodia Reply with quote

Review information on the International Schools Review before going to this school. The turnover thus far at the school is 50% just in the first 5 months of the year. It is always important to do your homework before selecting a school to work at. Many of us are tempted by high salary promises only to find out that some monies promised are not paid and the environment is toxic. I know that scams happen all over the world but this is the first I have run into!! Ask others and do research if you want to ensure that you will enjoy your time teaching and will enjoy the community!
getbehindthemule

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a jungle out there! I'm sorry it happened to you but that name - 'Learning Jungle International School' - would be enough to put me off!
Cambodia is still the wild west. I really love the place (Phnom Penh in particular, as I have a good few friends living there) but I'll give it another decade at least before I'll consider taking on a teaching position there!
Angie1265

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz So funny...you are right , I should have got the first hint from the name!!
Esperer1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Learning Jungle International School Reply with quote

Ha ha! I had the misfortune of working there too! The stats have gone up; there are now 8 teachers who have left the school over the 6 month period so that kind of says it all. Foreign teachers are not trusted at all by the management and no matter how hard you work, you will only hear complaints about silly non-teaching things. The school room is crowded with 30-plus students, making it difficult to teach at the best of times. Making a high profit seems to be the only thing that matters and many foreign teachers have had bad treatment by management and academic coordinators. There are lots of schools in Cambodia so it is best to check out the others !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: