Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EAP/ESL Interview Task in UK - any ideas ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nwtefl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: EAP/ESL Interview Task in UK - any ideas ? Reply with quote

Hi

I have an interview tomorrow in the UK for an EAP/ESL job at a university. All I know is that I will be given a task to do and I'll have 20 minutes to do it in; after which I'll have a 30 minute interview.

I have no idea what the task will be. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Londonlover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The task could be almost anything related to teaching English for Academic Purposes. They might ask you to explain how you would teach note-taking for academic university lectures, they might give you an except from an academic reading text like a journal article or text book chapter and ask you to plan a lesson around it to teach reading skills/vocab and how you would best exploit the text to highlight features of the specifically academic genre. They may give you part of a student's academic essay and get you to prepare feedback on that student's main strengths and weaknesses in their academic writing and what would suggestions you would make to improve it. You will need to show you know your EAP rather than EFL.
I also doubt they will be asking you to create a lesson to teach a grammar point.
nwtefl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, so it could be anything ! I agree of course. So I don't know what they expect me to be able to do in 20 minutes !
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know what they get you to do..
Londonlover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it would be nice if the original poster had the courtesy to reply and let us know what the task ended up being, after I took the trouble to respond to their enquiry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: