Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IPT Moscow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttxdnc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: IPT Moscow Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been offered a position with this company, but can't seem to find anything about them on the net. There is a thread here dating back to 2011, but that's about it. I'd appreciate any insights from anyone who knows about them or has worked with them.

Thanks.
maruss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: IPT Reply with quote

They always seem to be advertising vacancies, which usually arouses suspicion?The only personal experience or knowledge I have about them were the comments from another ex-pat teacher who worked for them for a few months, but that was back in 2006: he said that the rates of pay then were quite good but there were often delays in getting it!But his main reason for quitting was because the directors apparently belong to and promote a particular religious organisation which he did not hold with?That's about all I know .
Partizan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are well overdue a gong show.
fin-de-siecle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one point it was an okay place to work; however, the market has changed and they haven't adapted. When I worked there, IPT had 30-40 native speakers working 20 hours a week or more and now it's down to 4-6 (and soon to be fewer!). They also had to sublet half of their office to another company. You know things are going pear-shaped if you are leasing half of your office. They've lost most of the large clients because of the ineptness of the staff who are mostly young and inexperienced. IPT is down to two big clients, both of whom are unhappy and looking at other options.

There is simply no support for teachers. My former colleagues and I had to help people get set up here. Apartment support is giving you a link to Cian. They don't even tell new staff about the using metro cards. One of my colleagues was paying for each trip on the metro individually until I bought him a troyka card. One teacher broke their arm and IPT doesn't offer medical insurance. Their advice was to borrow money from staff for her medical bills. Eventually, it was cheaper for this teacher to fly home and get treatment.

Seriously, there are much better options than IPT in Moscow. It might not be a bad springboard to get to Moscow and find better work, which is what all the new teachers have done recently, but I am glad I left the company.
ttxdnc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. In the end I decided against taking the position.
AbeCross

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: IPT Reply with quote

A former British colleague of mine recently had a horrific experience with this company and its UK-based recruiter. The company reneged on its promises to reimburse expenses and provide accommodation. The company has fallen on hard times and is a hollow shell of its former self. Avoid this employer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: