Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Direct applications to specific schools PNET

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salander

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Direct applications to specific schools PNET Reply with quote

Hello,

I am currently in the Central Candidate Pool for PNET, with the HK Education Board, until the end of the academic year in 2018 (presumably around June 2018).

Couple of questions:

Any advice on applying to specific schools directly
eg Should I look at online vacancies in the South China Morning Post?

Or, simply Google and apply to specific schools?

I am a 2 hour flight away, so could easily go to HK for research, or an interview.

I've heard the whole process is very competitive, and that there are actually not that many vacancies. Any up to date info would be highly appreciated.
CEB

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep checking scmp, cpjobs.com, classifiedpost.com, mingpao and jobsdb and apply to them all (make sure it says edb net scheme). There have been a few jobs advertised already but i think crunch time will be mid may to early july.

Good luck
Kowloon

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, focus on advertised jobs only. No offense, but a school isn't going to displace a sitting NET based on a speculative application from someone outside of HK. It does happen, but usually when the dept head of principal know the NET/has some sort of link to them.

Your best bet will be later in the hiring season where schools are desperate and more open to the idea of you coming down for a few days and cramming the interviews in at once. They might even accept the first or last interview to be conducted via Skype. So keep your eyes peeled even into late July.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: