Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recruiters/Agents you would recommend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cormac

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Recruiters/Agents you would recommend. Reply with quote

There's another thread going on Agents, but I was thinking it would be useful for us to list the Agents/recruiters we have used previously.

For my own part, I used NetworkESL a while back, twice, and had mixed results. They placed me with a technical college, advertising it as a university (of the same name), but really they had lied about who the contract was with. I even arrived at the campus of the University thinking I was in the right place, but. Nope. Other than that, I've had reasonably fine placements with them. ---- Although, two friends also used them and they had far worse experiences, including salaries missing and bogus contract terms. - I wouldn't recommend them to anyone here as an Agent.

Can we keep it clear of discussion (as to the merits of agents), and just the details of the Agent with a personal review? Lets see if we can compile a list of good/bad Agents people could contact.

I've found that googling for jobs usually ends up with some kind of Agent at the end of the offer. There is so much junk info out there about scams.. it's hard to know what to think. So... no recrimination if the agent turns out bogus, but list who you think might be useful (or definitely avoid from personal exp).
eternalw

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Very good initiative!! Reply with quote

This is a great initiative, thanks for beginning this thread Wink

As a newbie looking for a University job, I think it can help a lot Laughing

By the way, if anyone knows of any vacancy, please let me know via pm, thanks
thechangling

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emily or Madge at http://www.clickchn.com/
Emily searches hard for what you want and she doesn't try to redirect you. Other useless recruiters such as Horizons and Network ESL just don't bother helping much at all but have a lot of terrible schools with high teacher turnovers to foist on you.
getbehindthemule

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFA (Teachers For Asia)
U-Learn
thechangling

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And these guys possibly have the biggest job info and recruitment base across China: http://cafe.anesl.com/joblist.aspx
I got my current uni gig in Hunan province through this site. They seem neutral to me because all they did was connect me with my school.
Marinx

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thechangling wrote:
And these guys possibly have the biggest job info and recruitment base across China: http://cafe.anesl.com/joblist.aspx
I got my current uni gig in Hunan province through this site. They seem neutral to me because all they did was connect me with my school.

I used them as well and am very pleased with the result.
MESL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good recruiter: Jerry with Erya agency.

Erya found 2 positions for me, my then current position and a pending position. Jerry is fluent, competent, and friendly. He got back to me quickly by email, phone, and QQ video, then sent me a school contract. He then set up an interview quickly with a school that fit my preferences. The FAO and language department chair interviewed me back to back and they offered me the position the next working day. It all took about a week.

Couldn't ask for a better scenario.
mysterytrain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FindWorkAbroad.

I contacted them about a specific listed job and they were pretty helpful and efficient in pre-screening me, contacting the school and setting me up in a good position to get the job. No deceptions or redirects. I found it a little annoying that they would sometimes call from China for information that could have been answered through email (I just don't like talking on the phone, plus the time of day is diametrically opposite), but generally I thought they were professional and effective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: