Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salaries in Qatar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yorks Lad

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Salaries in Qatar Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just had an informal interview for a job at a HE instutute in Qatar teaching on a Foundation programme. They threw me slightly when they asked what my salary expectations were. I thought about QAR15,000 per month plus accommodation.

What is the current rate of pay in places like this in Qatar?

Thanks,

YL.
desertdawg

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was interviewed for a similar job a couple of years ago and the salary was around that with accommodation provided. Unfortunately I wasn't successful.

Doha is spread out and depending on the location of your work and housing you will almost definitely need a car. Don't know what difference the metro will make. If you hire a car you won't get much change out of 2K/month.

If you are offered a housing allowance I would say it needs to be at least 5k and really 7k or more, especially if you are married and want to bring wife and kids on family visa.

To answer your question I would say 15K is the minimum, especially if you have a masters. However jobs are pretty scarce at the moment and Qatar is a relatively nice place to live in the middle east.

Good luck
Hemlock32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: A related question to salaries... Reply with quote

Is it typical to get a pay increase/ pay grade increase for each year accumulated over there?
helenl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it is not typical (used to be in UAE at HCT but those days are long gone). You will be paid the same for the duration of your contract.
Hemlock32

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helenl wrote:
No it is not typical (used to be in UAE at HCT but those days are long gone). You will be paid the same for the duration of your contract.

What I meant was: Is it typical to receive a rise in pay grade each year? Let's say in Qatari Rial they start you at 15,000 the first year. Then, based on performance, you move up to 16,000?

Or do they just keep you at the same rate indefinitely? One of the perks at CCQ is that for each year accumulated they multiply the gratuity by the amount of years "served".
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: