Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best market for money/jobs in Spain?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
earthjen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Best market for money/jobs in Spain? Reply with quote

Hi,

I posted in the General Europe forum as well (as I'm open to other locations outside of Spain), but this post is more specifically for Spain, so I'm hoping it's okay that I'm asking some questions here as well.

Which cities in Spain have the best job market? Anywhere that you are basically guaranteed to find a job? Anywhere that it's possible to actually SAVE money each month (i.e. send $500/mth to Canada for bills)? How long would it take to build up your clients to that level? Or is it possible to save money with just one full-time teaching job? I am hoping to do business ESL as well. I would love to find a place in Spain and really settle down there long-term.

I have EU citizenship (but born and raised in Canada), BA in math/business, 8 years experience working in accounting and marketing, 3 years ESL teaching in Korea, and planning to do the CELTA (most likely in whatever Spanish city I decide to move to).

Also, is August/September really the only time that you'd be likely to find a job? My timing would have me finishing the CELTA late February, 2014. If this would be a disaster, I may have to re-think my plans.

I have passable Spanish, but once my plan is concrete, I will focus on studying more before I arrive.

I really appreciate any tips that you could provide.

Thanks!
ohdiesel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Best market for money/jobs in Spain? Reply with quote

Seems to be way more chat activity on the facebook forums.

earthjen wrote:
Hi,

I posted in the General Europe forum as well (as I'm open to other locations outside of Spain), but this post is more specifically for Spain, so I'm hoping it's okay that I'm asking some questions here as well.

Which cities in Spain have the best job market? Anywhere that you are basically guaranteed to find a job? Anywhere that it's possible to actually SAVE money each month (i.e. send $500/mth to Canada for bills)? How long would it take to build up your clients to that level? Or is it possible to save money with just one full-time teaching job? I am hoping to do business ESL as well. I would love to find a place in Spain and really settle down there long-term.

I have EU citizenship (but born and raised in Canada), BA in math/business, 8 years experience working in accounting and marketing, 3 years ESL teaching in Korea, and planning to do the CELTA (most likely in whatever Spanish city I decide to move to).

Also, is August/September really the only time that you'd be likely to find a job? My timing would have me finishing the CELTA late February, 2014. If this would be a disaster, I may have to re-think my plans.

I have passable Spanish, but once my plan is concrete, I will focus on studying more before I arrive.

I really appreciate any tips that you could provide.

Thanks!
yurii

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Best market for money/jobs in Spain? Reply with quote

ohdiesel wrote:
Seems to be way more chat activity on the facebook forums.

The OP's message is from: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:07 pm and they haven't posted here since 2013. You're only 5 years too late Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: