Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TAMF/Anglo Foundation school in Satelite, outside of D.F.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lins53

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: TAMF/Anglo Foundation school in Satelite, outside of D.F. Reply with quote

Hello -

I am an ESL teacher looking to relocate in Mexico and I have been offered a job with the Anglo Foundation. I am told they are a very reputable school, with opportunity for professional development. I wanted to work in one of their schools in Mexico City or even Puebla, but they offered me a position in their school in Satelite, which is a suburb right outside of Mexico City.

What I want to know is if this would be an okay choice to teach at? Has anyone ever taught at the The Anglo School? What is the city of Satelite like? I am concerned I may feel a bit isolated, as it is hard to get around (not really good public transport) and it could be a boring place to live, with not much to do as it is a suburb. It is a year long contract, which I would have to fulfill before I could relocate to D.F. or another city.

If anyone has any information on the city of Satelite and what it is like there it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
DrValenzuela

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda,

Yes, The Anglo does have a very good reputation and some nice facilities. Overall I think that teaching at The Anglo in Satélite might be a good option as far as Mexican jobs go. I haven't worked for The Anglo but I have spoken with them a number of times. In my own experience I found them extremely frustrating and unreliable but that's a different story.

My only experience in Ciudad Satélite was one time when I visited a friend who lived there. Funny enough, he actually lived in the neighborhood across the street from The Anglo's school. There's a Wal-Mart within walking distance as well as a shopping center. To get to my friend's house from el Centro we took the metro system and then a taxi. I'm not familiar with the local public transport but I imagine that, like the rest of the city, there are small buses that can take you pretty much anywhere as well as taxis and Uber. I imagine that rush hour traffic in Satélite would be pretty intense, but like I said I'm not super familiar with the area.

Finally, I'm going to repeat what I tell everyone now: security is a major issue. The city (and this includes outer "suburbs") is once again pretty dangerous. I've been robbed twice in Mexico City, both times in broad daylight. The police WILL respond if you can reach them via panic button or something but don't expect anyone to call the cops for you.

If you do decide to move here feel free to send me a message and I'll give you my contact details in case you ever need anything.

Best of luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: