Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Final Exit Visa Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
decadentcentury

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Final Exit Visa Question Reply with quote

On the issuance of my final exit visa. Will my bank account be frozen before my departure from the Kingdom. If so, will my benefits be paid in cash or by cheque. As this creates a problem in co-ordinating final flights and withdrawing money from my account without the fund being frozen. Can anyone give me any hints how this works. In other words, will my bank account be frozen before I leave Saudi? Thank you.
ayatollah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Exit Reply with quote

Talk to your bank.
MENA_chica

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I did final exit, my bank account wasn’t frozen. However, I emptied it before leaving the country. On hindsight, I should have actually closed it. Before leaving, half of my end-of-service benefits was paid into my Saudi account, which I withdrew immediately. I was assured the other half would be paid into my nominated UK account a few weeks after leaving. This never happened and EdEx never responded to my enquiries. I would advise you to collect all of your EOS benefits in cash and do not leave the country until you receive all of it. Speak to your bank as well as your employer.
ayatollah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: final exit Reply with quote

Mention EdEx to your bank. They'll tell you how to proceed.
decadentcentury

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you for your answers. Your points have been taken on board.
hash

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also remember this: one of the cardinal rules of life in KSA is that there is no definitive answer to questions such as yours. The fact is, everyone's experience is different, even within the same company.

Even if a co-worker of yours in the same company is leaving on the same flight as you are, his "final exit" experience could very easily be totally different from what you yourself are undergoing, as far as banks, payments, transportation, tickets, letters of release, letters of service, what you were "told" (do you turn in your Iguana to the employer or to an immigration official at the airport??)....... the whole shmear. This happened to me on a couple of occasions.

You simply have to muddle thru it all somehow......most people manage somehow.

scot47

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KSA is not a rule-bound society. Hash is right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: