Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

seekteachers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baa_baa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: seekteachers Reply with quote

hi hi Smile

I am so happy to say that after being miserable for a whole year, I finally found well not a job but working on it. Laughing

Could you kindly confirm that the following is OK and that I should proceed with MY application.

I applied to SEEKTEACHERS and one very nice gentleman is helping me. Smile

First I sent all my documents then he called me from England. He said that its ok that I didn't have an IELTS score and that my CELTA is ok. (by the way I do have an old TOEFL CBT score of 255 which I included in the application as well. He disappeared. After 3 weeks of patience pretending that I was not desperate for the job, I decided to email him asking about what had happened. He replied saying he needed a copy of my latest criminal check.

So is it ok uptil here? All my papers are attested I just need a new dated copy saying that I am not a criminal which will cost me about $100.

Im really down on money. If one person says no don't do it. I won't. Ive been jobless for a year. My younger brother has been taking care of me, my mother, and my father who was sick and had just past away in May. I owe him about....well.....hmmm....ALOT!

Please don't feel sad. I don't feel sad anymore. I see my father every night so Im ok. He's doing fine. I think the other side is not as scary as we think it would be. I guess we just have to be REALLY GOOD you know what I mean. Im just sharing so that you guys post honestly and advise me carefully. Ok Im looking forward to receiving positive replies Smile

By the way this guy didn't interview me yet but he did call me. And now he's asking for that document. (I did send attested copies of BA, references, TOEFL score and a copy of my passport at first when I first applied for the job.)

Should I be worried and stop this application?

thank you Smile
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he asks for money... do not send any... and run.

Any hint of who you will be working for?

VS
baa_baa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no not at all.. all I know that I will be working (if I get the job) at some public school ANYWHERE in UAE. He emphasized on that.

I wont be sending any money and ILL MAKE A RUN. Very Happy besides I ve sent the copy of passport and everything. I have nothing left to lose Laughing I hope I get this Very Happy thanks for the advice
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, baa baa. Glad to see you back on the forums but sorry to hear you've had problems securing work. Hopefully, this one will net you a job. At this point, it appears Seek Teachers is just gathering your requisite documents.

BTW, since you have a CELTA and experience, have you thought about a teaching position with the British Council? It might be worth a look.
baa_baa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi good to see you.. I Remember you too VS Smile I dont know if you can go back this far but do you remember the brown bag incident Smile HR was driving me crazy and I was looking for a bag lol Very Happy

Nomad Soul during 2012-2017 I was working at KAU in KSA and from 2014-2017 I actually worked at British council as part time. (after I got my CELTA) but I have had no luck in finding a job in UAE British Council or anywhere. I even applied to KG I got a reply saying my dear you seem awfully lovely but don't you think you can use your qualifications somewhere in high school or middle school. I won't be hiring you. I just didn't have the heart to say please take me because I can't find a job. It was nice of her. My mother keeps on saying Im waiting for sth better. Honestly Im not looking for better. Anything with salary is great Very Happy I want to go shopping..sniff sniff..

Maybe it was a nice period where I spent it with my dad. We had breakfast every morning and watched zillion shows together. Good quality time with him. After he passed away my mother had trouble with banks and now we are being sued by neighbors. I managed to help her with the banks (not payments my brother did that but to go and talk to them and fill out forms, etc) I guess I also helped out releasing some stress for the neighbors..I dont think she would have made it on her own. I guess I was needed around the house. Maybe sth soon will come up..You know things happen for a reason I guess????? Confused

Im glad the process sounds ok. So now I need an interview date.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baa_baa wrote:
hi good to see you.. I Remember you too VS Smile I dont know if you can go back this far but do you remember the brown bag incident Smile HR was driving me crazy and I was looking for a bag lol Very Happy

Oh yes... the brown bag... LOL I knew that your name was familiar. It sounds like you have had a lot of family issues to deal with lately.

VS
baa_baa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
baa_baa wrote:

Oh yes... the brown bag... LOL I knew that your name was familiar. It sounds like you have had a lot of family issues to deal with lately.

VS

Im so happy you remembered Very Happy this was way back in 2012 just when I was working for KAU good memory Very Happy

yea not my year hugs
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you went through every brown bag in KSA. Very Happy

I hope you get this UAE job. But if it doesn't pan out, China's TEFL market always needs native speakers/passport holders. In the meantime, online teaching is an option to make money for your family.
baa_baa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m glad you remember Very Happy I remember you too. Thank you for the wishes. I hope I get it. I guess I’ll try there if I don’t get this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: