Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American University of Sharjah Writing Program?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noelle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: American University of Sharjah Writing Program? Reply with quote

Hello all

Does anyone know if AUS hires annually for their writing program, or only when they need to replace someone?
Londonlover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this one of the very best and also one of the most difficult of institutions to get employed at in the UAE because it is so good?
Noelle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recommended it to two colleagues-- one with a PhD in English and 15+ years teaching experience with undergrads and graduate students. The other has an MA in Comp/Rhetoric and several years of teaching experience with undergrads. Neither have taught outside the US though.

I'm also eyeing them for myself for 2020-- I've got 10+ years experience (post MA TESOL) and will have a second MA in Rhetoric & Writing. I have taught overseas and here in California.

Right now we're all just looking at accredited writing programs overseas with solid reputations and a high caliber faculty. But I wanted to make sure I knew what I was talking about, since I am the one who recommended AUS to them.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noelle wrote:
Does anyone know if AUS hires annually for their writing program, or only when they need to replace someone?

It's doubtful they have annual vacancies; it's the most desirable university to work at in the UAE. All you can do is keep an eye on their job board. But if they ever have openings, they'll have a pool of highly qualified, UAE-experienced applicants to choose from.

BTW, don't overlook New York University-Abu Dhabi (NYUAD); it usually advertises for writing program instructors.
Noelle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, Nomad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: