Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This forum - A whole year without a post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Londonlover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: This forum - A whole year without a post Reply with quote

Is this a record?. I wonder why- very few teaching vacancies? Very contented teachers?
das31

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm dunno. I've actually been thinking of going over there

I read this article recently and it sounds like it'd be a better fit for my personality than China. http://medellinbuzz.com/experience-teaching-english-medellin/
JZer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone been teaching English in Columbia? Any updates?
CTravel32

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colombia is currently in the midst of a financial recession, so that might have something to do with it. Even wealthy people, such as my wife's family, are feeling the pinch.

Colombia was the hot (popular) place a few years back but the focus has kind of changed, as it tends to happen in any region, to other Latin countries.

Plus FARC is still present in too many of the areas and even terrorizing some areas and locals. I was in a town about a month after some FARC members stormed the town making all sorts of demands. This in the east/central of the country.

There are a lot of jobs but as is the case with any place, the majority would be at the bottom of the pyramid, low paying, poor hours and dubious leadership. Towards the top the pyramid, obviously, thins and that is where the best jobs are, high paying with solid leadership and at least decent hours, but there are a lot less of those. Unless you get a great job Colombia just is not worth it. There are better countries to scrap by in. I had a great job and spent three great years there. I will actually be moving back, but not for a teaching job and the idea is to earn good money. I would not want to live on less than 1,200 USD in Colombia even though it is till pretty cheap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: